IGNORED

New striper regs

Buckeyes11

Caught one two days ago at the bay.  33".   Let it go because it was a mile to the truck.  My wife was annoyed that I came back with nothing for dinner!   I only have heavy neoprene bootfoot waders, so I'm bring sneakers in my pack and will change, bring fish out, put in cooler and then go back fishing.  

09948608-EB52-4AD9-8414-9049C70B8FC0.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

Caught one two days ago at the bay.  33".   Let it go because it was a mile to the truck.  My wife was annoyed that I came back with nothing for dinner!   I only have heavy neoprene bootfoot waders, so I'm bring sneakers in my pack and will change, bring fish out, put in cooler and then go back fishing.  

09948608-EB52-4AD9-8414-9049C70B8FC0.jpeg

Nice fish. Bunker sp minnow is irresistible

25 minutes ago, Buckeyes11 said:

Beef up them hooks and split rings. Lots of problems with the factory ones. 

I ordered 4x strong 3/0 trebles should be here tomorrow, Going to fish again Saturday. And size 7,  80 pound split rings.

Edited by Nomad

36 minutes ago, Mallard1100 said:

Nice fish! Ditch the neoprenes. No need this time of year. Get yourself a pair of breathable’s and you can pack them in nice and light for those long walks.

Definitely I’ve been considering getting a pair of stocking foot. Any recommendations?

37 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Definitely I’ve been considering getting a pair of stocking foot. Any recommendations?

I would get a boot foot for the beach. Sadly there are not many options but you will have to some digging. Stocking foot will work fine  but you will end up getting send in the boot itself as the day goes on etc. boot foot is much easier to deal with on the beach. No boots filled with sand etc. feet stay warmer in a boot foot as well. I have a pair of old Dan Baileys I found recently on clearance at a fly shop. LL bean made a popular boot foot breathable but I think discontinued them. Orvis makes them but they aren’t cheap as Expected. Honestly I wear the boot foot more now even trout fishing instead of my stocking foot simms. Just easier on and off.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe its not as bad as they say, talked to my captain in Montauk the other night and he said there are an insane number of bass up there right now and has never seen nothing like it in his 35 years of fishing there:hmmmer: