IGNORED

Coywolves are Super Predators

Rusty

Habitat will in fact dictate the physical make up of almost any animal, including man but DNA can't change do to habitat, the fact that they caught and tested a yote in Central park NY that came back with Yote/Wolf/dog DNA is all the proof needed to realize they are in fact, the same things we call Coyotes here, and are in fact, genetically different from the ones we see in the South West. I've never seem a small, rat like Coyote in NJ, only ones I've seen are larger. I know most of you have seen the small guys here so I know we have a mix. Apparently though, the mixed yotes are even utilizing the lesser of it's breed's instinctual senses because they tolerate humans better like dogs BUT, also adapted to travel at night in populated areas..Seems they lucked out in this cross breeding design mother nature conjured up and got the best of all worlds, very cool if you ask me but, I won't let that stop me from sending one to the fur pile given the chance..which by the way reminds me... what do we do with them if get one but aren't trappers or fur hunters? Do you guys typically donate it to someone who sells fur like one of the trappers on here or something like that?

I'm one of those guys,yotes and fox always get a pass from me

Same here.  I saw a coyote last night mousing in a cut corn field.  Cool to watch it cocking its head and then pouncing.  At some points, it was vertical in the air - nose down tail up.  Then it wandered off.  I saw deer before and after in the same field.

Yea they are some big stink pups out here.orangr ones black ones I seen one a guy killed on the base it was like 80lbs

yes they are bigger than western 'yotes  but not 80 lbs. If there were 80lb 'yotes running around you wouldn't be safe in the woods with out a firearm

BTW I went fishing at IBSP yesterday, fishing sucked. However, I learned that place is loaded with foxes. Saw two on the main road. I stopped my truck and he stood there and looked at me for several minutes. Twenty yards away there was another one just off the road with people taking pictures.

yes they are bigger than western 'yotes  but not 80 lbs. If there were 80lb 'yotes running around you wouldn't be safe in the woods with out a firearm

guess you never see some of the ones gobbler getter caught and the south jersey boys get. I know they were a lot bigger than my 70lb lab

40 to 45 is a average with 50 to 55 common a 60 plus is a big one but there have been a few. there was one a few years ago down here that was weighed in at 72 but not confirmed but that ole boy was big covered the whole tail gate of the truck.

here is something I ran across. as I was looking for research on coyotes in the North east. http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/story/10.4141/news.2013.10.23.177#.VkFGQV6FM5c

Edited by redneck

ACP WILDLIFE CONTROL SERVICES AND ACP REDNECKS PRIDE

referral-0076111001448070575.jpg

• 1 month later...

I dragged a coyote off the mountain in Blairstown over 25 years ago that ( GG's father's old trapping partner snared). I was first amazed that you could actually get one in a snare as I had only used legholds for fox as a kid. The second thing that I thought, was this a coyote? It looked nothing like the ones I had seen in Colorado and it  looked just like the ones in GG's pictures.      Jack

Edited by Jerzguy2

Most comments I got on this 11/9/2015 bow kill were "that's a coyowolf"....   I don't know...

Dan Roberts put me in contact with the state's canine biologist... Here is her response, I think it would be helpful if we (collective NJ sportsmen) provide her with data:

:

Hi Mr. Harris-

Yes, I am currently conduct a large geographic study of canine genetics in North America. You are welcome to visit the project’s website (http://canineancestry.princeton.edu) for more details. I would be happy to discuss with you the chance that you may still have a sample available. Pelt samples are fine, as long as they have not been tanned (just dried/stretched will work fine).

I am about to leave for some travel so please use my email first, and we can set up a call if you are interested in donating a sample to the research project.

Many thanks and best!
Bridgett

--------------------------------------------------------------
Bridgett vonHoldt, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Princeton University
Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
106A Guyot Hall
Princeton, NJ 08544-2016
Office: 609-258-7021

coyote2.jpg

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Is it the dog lover in me? I dont think I could shoot one, they look too much like a dog. Just my opinion, I dont care what everyone else does, i also could never shoot a fox, unless its mange, then i shoot those.

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842