IGNORED

Week up north

we need more pics

Sorry, cell service went to crap here yesterday.. Couldn't call or text til late today for some reason. His last check on Sunday was so so.. He did get his first Vermont mink but was disappointed on not getting his first northern canine. We had a couple near catches on coyotes and had a red pussy foot around a set on Sunday which annoyed him no end. We added a few beavs but he was annoyed on land as we pulled outta here Sunday afternoon.

D5A5C868-7BF1-4FAF-8275-6FF778F377AB_zps

5857C3F5-A14B-477C-A980-4D54F5E7D0C0_zps

Got him home for school and hauled back up here yesterday. Was glad he didn't see our scent post with mouse hole out back here when I checked it, lol. He's gonna get his here these next couple nights.

1EFFE682-A597-48BB-8AC8-3DD55CEF98D7_zps

This morning I settled the score on our swift footed red. And I was expecting little on the water as all our sets were really just mop up type sets on stale spots, but I was surprised to connect on 4 bigs. Won't have anything to speak of tomorrow as I pulled a bunch for a couple walk in spots tomorrow. Probably not much in the land sets as its raining pretty good right now.

0D4DF62B-13F9-49B6-82E8-E0E20EEF22A9_zps

56DE2025-1F1B-4C38-BA41-5F2AA47B3EB7_zps

Well, wrapping up. Will pull my last stuff tomorrow.. Tried to get some today but expected empty sets held beaver and the kayak does have weight constrictions, though I tested them severely before accepting I'd need to pull the last tomorrow.

Out back here I settled up with mr. coyote who drove my boy nuts. Nice to see movement as I got to the pines.

30E58FAE-D4A7-46F1-86B8-DDACAE217208_zps

ADCAD27A-F00F-41DF-8F0E-AB9747DCBAFB_zps

Then the big water paddle in area where I intended to pull everything and there are still some beavs. I had to leave a couple sets til tomorrow after I had packed one in the hull, one in the bow, one in the stern along with my fat ass and steel. That paddle in was a tad dicey.

FC800E06-E4EC-4E19-966A-F56EE5017DEA_zps

Added two more bigs from sets I soaked yesterday. One was a roadside spot where public works had ripped a dam leaving what I figured was one juvenile beaver. I was wrong as it was another big. Should actually have a couple more tomorrow before I head out. A long day tomorrow with a detour west to drop off some equipment out 80 where I make a return later this season after a two or three year hiatus. Looking forward to a break for about a week before I start in nj.

B2C8B207-A072-4B0A-924A-A2A3354B4164_zps

very nice, I don't know how you return to this state after being up there

Nj has a lot to offer too.. I love snaring our fox.. And the numbers we can do are unheard of here. It's just different and different is good at times. Up here the coyotes are nice unlike ours... And I'm no big beaver guy like Chris, but as the saying goes, "when in Rome, do as the Romans do".

I will say this for up here. The fur is awesome. I can't say enough about how nice it is to skin a fox and a yodel and not see one single tick, flea or black tick bite in the leather. Early November and that coyote leather was white. Fox was a bit early yet but the coyote was perfect primeness. Now that is nice.

Edited by bt bowhunter