IGNORED

Week up north

Well, all done. Finished up yesterday's checks in sleet at highest elevations..seems like I left a couple beavs in most houses I trapped. Always the plan unless they're doing flooding damage. My furthest walk in spot I was kinda dreading where I only set three traps was a highlight. I feared three beaver in those sets and a death march out. First set was a spillway and that held an otter. Second feed pile channel set was fired but a miss. Third set was a foothold drowned set on a mound and was untouched. But as I was pulling the drowner, I watched a giant come swimming out of a bank den entrance ten feet away. Looked like an aquarium...30 seconds later out cruised giant #2 and then a medium.. Pretty cool stuff. Finished the checks with two beavs, the otter and 4 rats.

Totals for the 8 checks were about 25 beavers, 1 red, 1 coyote, 1 otter, 1 mink and half dozen rats.. Good times and always memorable. Walking out of my death march area I checked a spot I've run a fisher pole in the past and right on a crossing log was fisher scat calling me back, lol

36FA6D51-4B4E-4568-B8E4-BA921F75AC11_zps

Bank den entrance where I got to watch 3 beavs cruise by

C9A729B0-C5D7-4301-A82B-73DA1AD0C4E0_zps

Fisher

523C9084-82AF-43CD-A6E8-E287477A835A_zps