IGNORED

Deer tracker recovery results

BowhunterNJ

3 minutes ago, Merkel said:

It was on one of the FB hunting forums.  One of the replies was interesting about the study’s conclusion. 

D99211C7-192A-4CF0-839D-5A6FA12DA8A1.png

Apples to oranges. The deer study uses red for dead and recovered deer. The plane study did not look at planes that “died”. 

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

Apples to oranges. The deer study uses red for dead and recovered deer. The plane study did not look at planes that “died”. 

Right but I think the point is that the study didn’t account for the total universe.  The deer study doesn’t account for that didn’t require tracking or did I miss it

Thanks for posting.

It does make sense if a hunter were to call a deer tracker, it typically means he made a marginal shot and is in need of assistance with the recovery. The center mass shots are red mostly red and all bad shots IMO liver / paunch.

That is a benefit of backing out and waiting or calling a dog tracker. 

All the green dots depict hits with rage heads. 

Edited by Serpentine

I'm assuming the confirmed alive deer have some picture evidence with clear point of impact?  We all know how hunters say "I hit him right in the lungs" and meanwhile it went through the backstraps.  If some of those greens are where a hunter THINKS they hit the deer, then the results are not very reliable even if the deer was seen on the hoof still alive.

Just now, the truth said:

What does undetermined mean? The deer is either dead or alive. If you can’t determine that how do you determine exact shot placement? Pretty cool chart though interesting to study 

That leads me to believe that is where the hunter thinks they shot the deer and maybe not exactly where they hit them.  Not a reliable assessment but you don't any other info to go on in those cases.