IGNORED

11/4 Check In

Greybeard

3 hours ago, barrike said:

Decided to go to the rifle range this morning instead of sitting in a tree.  Saw a spike in the middle of the road on the way there and a 4pt in someone's yard on the way home. 

I watched someone runover a recently hit Spike in the middle of 206 in Montgomery early this AM!!!

Out in zone 2 for my first am sit earlier. Back in for the rest of today. Saw 2 spikes this am and a flock of turkeys. Last night a spike was breeding a doe in front of my blind.  Hopefully she pull in a big one today.  

Must be one of them years that the doe”s slowly one at a time go into estrous. Only saying that because half of us are yelling it’s happening and the other half including myself isn’t seeing any signs of the rut. What I’m also noticing a lot of the scraps went dead. I really can’t figure this year out

4 minutes ago, smittty said:

Must be one of them years that the doe”s slowly one at a time go into estrous. Only saying that because half of us are yelling it’s happening and the other half including myself isn’t seeing any signs of the rut. What I’m also noticing a lot of the scraps went dead. I really can’t figure this year out

I would definitely say the rut is going on here in NW Zone 2. We've seen bucks every day including some bruisers we didn't have on camera until this week. Does are mostly split up and are not congregating in the plots or fields like they normally do.  I will say it must be a bitch to be chasing does in your winter coat.