IGNORED

Thank God for the Affordable Care Act

Haskell_Hunter

21 minutes ago, BHC said:

Come up with better? Go after the insurance companies 

Or this is maybe hard pill for many to swallow....GET A JOB WITH BENEFITS 

Get a job with benefits? You think health care is free to all employees? My Wife was a Teacher. Her last 5 years she paid over 7k a year for health insurance. Also, what about business owners? 

Well it looks like you have it all figured out. :rofl:

Edited by archer36

The medical cost associated with every single procedure is criminal. What doctors do to pad their cost is what drives insurance premiums. Example. I’m going for routine colonoscopy but before I can book the colonoscopy (same doctor as last one) I have to do a virtual consultation first. Then he tells me ok call the nurse and book the procedure. I’m sure he billed insurance as an “office visit” plus again for procedure. I had to have COVID test also one week prior which could only be done at his office by his nurse. I can only imagine what the bill of my colonoscopy is when complete. This is the norm with most of not all doctors right now. I’ve been going to HSS for the last 6 months and every visit requires a consultation first. Stop tapping the system. Providing health care to illegals is also driving the cost. They have t contributed a single cent into the system but when they walk in ER they get exact care we get that we’ve been paying for for years. 

23 minutes ago, Rjtfd said:

The medical cost associated with every single procedure is criminal. What doctors do to pad their cost is what drives insurance premiums. Example. I’m going for routine colonoscopy but before I can book the colonoscopy (same doctor as last one) I have to do a virtual consultation first. Then he tells me ok call the nurse and book the procedure. I’m sure he billed insurance as an “office visit” plus again for procedure. I had to have COVID test also one week prior which could only be done at his office by his nurse. I can only imagine what the bill of my colonoscopy is when complete. This is the norm with most of not all doctors right now. I’ve been going to HSS for the last 6 months and every visit requires a consultation first. Stop tapping the system. Providing health care to illegals is also driving the cost. They have t contributed a single cent into the system but when they walk in ER they get exact care we get that we’ve been paying for for years. 

Illegal immigration costs this country billions. Many reasons for escalating health costs but whenever government colludes with any otherwise private organization it generally is a disaster. Look at this whole vaccine debacle. You have pharmaceutical companies setting policy and limiting information of their product without oversite or consequence.     

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

Get a job with benefits? You think health care is free to all employees? My Wife was a Teacher. Her last 5 years she paid over 7k a year for health insurance. Also, what about business owners? 

Well it looks like you have it all figured out. :rofl:

At 7000 a year it's a far cry from the 2000 dollars a month that is being talked about

31 minutes ago, Batsto said:

Who started Obamacare? The Democrats promised lower prices, keep your doctors and better care. They lied! 

The Republicans claimed if Trump was elected in 2016 they would repeal and replace obamacare. They didn't. I guess they lied. See how stupid your red versus blue bullshit is? If we all consider ourselves Americans we all suffer the same under poor policies and prosper the same with good policies. Why does it have to be red or blue? Why can we not get bills with a little bit of red and a little bit of blue like they used to? Washington has turned into nothing but a power struggle and we all lose in the end. Not many people that actually care about hard working tax paying citizens left in Washington. 

Red vs blue, blue vs red.  They both don’t give a crap about anyone. No ones coming to save you and nothing will get drastically better.  

2 hours ago, BHC said:

Come up with better? Go after the insurance companies 

Or this is maybe hard pill for many to swallow....GET A JOB WITH BENEFITS 

Even with benefits it’s unreal.  I don’t pay a penny for benefits my employer has to contribute a set percentage an hour on top of my wages per my union agreement for every thing: health, pension, profit sharing etc. luckily   I work year round for a while so always am covered.  It’s still way over 15k that my employer has to contribute.  Only time I have ever touched close to that was both kids being born within 3 years. Didn’t cost me a penny but it’s unreal the cost of things. 30+k for each kid to be born everything routine.  Look at your EOB, you are getting charged for every little stupid convo with your dr once they as basically ask how are you feeling.  Something needs to change and neither party has the answer or will fix it. 

12 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

Red vs blue, blue vs red.  They both don’t give a crap about anyone. No ones coming to save you and nothing will get drastically better.  

Even with benefits it’s unreal.  I don’t pay a penny for benefits my employer has to contribute a set percentage an hour on top of my wages per my union agreement for every thing: health, pension, profit sharing etc. luckily   I work year round for a while so always am covered.  It’s still way over 15k that my employer has to contribute.  Only time I have ever touched close to that was both kids being born within 3 years. Didn’t cost me a penny but it’s unreal the cost of things. 30+k for each kid to be born everything routine.  Look at your EOB, you are getting charged for every little stupid convo with your dr once they as basically ask how are you feeling.  Something needs to change and neither party has the answer or will fix it. 

30k for each kid to be born that came out of your insurance that you pay into. How about the illegals who come here pregnant now their kid is born in our hospitals. Our tax dollars pay that plus now those kids are US citizens that again our tax dollars pay. 

9 minutes ago, Rjtfd said:

30k for each kid to be born that came out of your insurance that you pay into. How about the illegals who come here pregnant now their kid is born in our hospitals. Our tax dollars pay that plus now those kids are US citizens that again our tax dollars pay. 

Entire system is flawed and no one has come up with a solution for almost anything when either party has had control.  They are all useless getting rich of our backs.  They don’t differ.  Behind close doors they wine and dine together laughing.  

1 hour ago, deadonshot2 said:

The Republicans claimed if Trump was elected in 2016 they would repeal and replace obamacare. They didn't. I guess they lied. See how stupid your red versus blue bullshit is? If we all consider ourselves Americans we all suffer the same under poor policies and prosper the same with good policies. Why does it have to be red or blue? Why can we not get bills with a little bit of red and a little bit of blue like they used to? Washington has turned into nothing but a power struggle and we all lose in the end. Not many people that actually care about hard working tax paying citizens left in Washington. 

Should have given him 4 more years and we would have cheaper health care. But 81 million dopes took the communist bait. 

1 hour ago, deadonshot2 said:

Maybe if it was not passed to begin with there would be no need to repeal it.. Maybe

4 hours ago, vdep217 said:

At 7000 a year it's a far cry from the 2000 dollars a month that is being talked about

Yes, it is. But people are under the impression that all Public Employees get free Heathcare, even Private Sector Employees. That ended many years ago. I think very few people anywhere get "free" healthcare. The post I was referring to said, "You want free healthcare, get a job". Makes no sense. 

Edited by archer36

Obamacare/Affordable Care Act is NOT government insurance. It is private insurance companies offering insurance under an exchange. It is underwritten by the Federal Gov't to allow for people that could not ordinarily afford insurance to get some. Millions more people are insured today than previous to the ACA.  The concept was that competition would drive down costs and by forcing everyone to be insured (or pay a penalty), was better than hospitals giving out charity care. It was modelled after the law that Mitt Romney enacted when he was Governor of Massachusetts. 

Is it perfect? NO. But no one has come up with better! :happywave:

Edited by archer36