IGNORED

Minuteman Smokehouse/Route 202 Morristown

The Minuteman Smokehouse owners wished to host an event for my retirement last month. I respectfully declined and asked if a fundraiser for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital could be done instead. The event was a huge success. Friends and family attended.  By the end of the night,  $2000.00 was raised for St. Jude. 

If anyone has not gone, the food/BBQ is absolutely amazing. Several friends from W&W attended including, but not limited t0, @Haskell_Hunter, @nmc02, @Gobblengruntand @3Blade.  I am sure they can attest to how good the buffet was. Specifically, the smoked brisket was among the best I have had. Tim@Haskell_Hunter was given a tour of the facility by the owner  including the smokers on site. We think he was in heaven. 

The Minuteman recently approached me and asked if they could continue the fundraiser for St. Jude for another month. My answer was ABSOLUTELY! 

I have attached a link to the restaurant below. If anyone is in the area tomorrow night, Saturday July 9th, someone you may know may be behind the Smokehouse's fully stocked whiskey  bar on site. Stop in for a drink or some smoked brisket deliciousness! 

Also-That night we tried an incredible new whiskey which is promoted as "BBQ in a bottle." It literally is ON POINT. I ordered 2 bottles through the Smokehouse that are not available through retailers as of yet according to the management. 

Some pics to the event and links attached below.

If you are able to make it in Saturday night, stop at the bar to say hello.....

https://www.minutemanbbq.com/

https://www.kurvballwhiskey.com/

Screenshot_20220708-184156_Instagram.jpg

IMG_0968(1).jpg

Screenshot_20220708-184258_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220708-184246_Instagram.jpg

Edited by LPJR

• LPJR changed the title to Minuteman Smokehouse/Route 202 Morristown
13 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

Congrats on retirement again Lou. I guess if any of their smokers go missing Haskell will be prime suspect number one?

Ha thanks! I think that @Haskell_Hunteractually has the exact Traeger smoker that the Minuteman uses. (They have several but I think he has one of them.) 

@Haskell_Huntermay still be in his holster class. (Take the weapon out, put it back without shooting yourself) class. 

He can chime in to verify the smoker. But agree. He would be suspect #1. It would fit in his truck nicely...

What the hell  ? I got some peeps there for you even though I had to tap out

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

3 hours ago, LPJR said:

Ha thanks! I think that @Haskell_Hunteractually has the exact Traeger smoker that the Minuteman uses. (They have several but I think he has one of them.) 

@Haskell_Huntermay still be in his holster class. (Take the weapon out, put it back without shooting yourself) class. 

He can chime in to verify the smoker. But agree. He would be suspect #1. It would fit in his truck nicely...

He uses a recteq, not a Traeger.  All the pros use a recteq.

He had four smokers on site.  I saw three of them:  the commercial one that does the bulk of the restaurant food; the recteq, which was used I think for some competitions or restaurant outings; and the third one which is his competition smoker.  We talked extensively about smoking, and I really enjoyed the conversation.  I'm definitely going back not only for the food and beer, but also to talk more smoke shop.

Lou's thing was really cool.  Another $2K for St. Jude's!

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.