IGNORED

wet wading shoes

i normally use an old pair of sneakers. today i tried crocks. sick of slipping all over the place and the crocks were the worst with small pebbles getting into the holes. 

i was thinking of screwing in small self tapping screws into the bottom of my sneakers.

what do you guys have or wear?

Did some wet wading with shorts and old running shoes.  Sure didn't do a good job of keeping pebbles, grit and mud away from my feet.  So the better solution became heavy wool socks in my size 12 wading shoes with neoprene gravel guards pulled down over the bottom of my blue jean legs to the boots.  This keeps the debris out and the wet cotton jeans stay wet when walking out of the water in the heat.  Have fished the SBR below Clinton and this set up works best for me. 

I have a few different setups. Depending on the wet wading scenario. For a river I use the Simms neoprene sock and then my wading boots so I get the benefit of the felt sole. For the beach I have since gone to a teva type sandal. I have the Simms flats boots which are great but they end up filling with sand and the zippers seize up. 

D04BD567-9EB0-430F-8A9B-B1C27B34E6FE.jpeg

I use these Simms Guide Wet Wading socks, in the salt. I used to use smartwool socks under my wading boots but these things are awesome. They feel just like a good pair of hiking socks, but don't bunch up or get weird when wet. It is weird, however, to have totally wet feet and a pair to socks that feels like a dry pair of hiking socks!

https://www.simmsfishing.com/collections/all/products/guide-wet-wading-sock-f17

5 hours ago, MikeStaten said:

I used neoprene socks and my regular wading boots this year for the first time and liked it.  

This. I work in rivers a lot in summer. I wear a pair of Simms neoprene wading socks and my regular Chota wading boots that are studded felt soles. All the ankle support you need and safe to wade. 

8 hours ago, Kype said:

i normally use an old pair of sneakers. today i tried crocks. sick of slipping all over the place and the crocks were the worst with small pebbles getting into the holes. 

i was thinking of screwing in small self tapping screws into the bottom of my sneakers.

what do you guys have or wear?

You’re brave! I can barely walk in my yard with crocs much less in a river bed. LOL