IGNORED

Commie Comerade Murphy's "Gun control 3.0 package that will be signed into law

Regulate ammunition sales. ( I can easily cross the Delaware and buy ammo )

Require firearm dealers to sell microstamping-enabled firearms. ( how the hell is this supposed to do anything?? )

Prohibit certain .50 caliber rifles. ( Does this affect muzzleloaders? )

Require gun owners who move from out of state to register their firearms and obtain a new firearm purchaser identification card. ( Is someone from out of state really going to register? I wouldn't )

Mandate training to obtain that card, which must be renewed every 10 years. ( This will do nothing to prevent gun crime )

And give the attorney general power to bring legal action against gun manufacturers and retailers. ( Most gun crime firearms are brought in from out of state and are illegal! )

The $20 million dollar question is - What can we The People do to fight this?

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

7 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

Regulate ammunition sales. ( I can easily cross the Delaware and buy ammo )

Require firearm dealers to sell microstamping-enabled firearms. ( how the hell is this supposed to do anything?? )

Prohibit certain .50 caliber rifles. ( Does this affect muzzleloaders? )

Require gun owners who move from out of state to register their firearms and obtain a new firearm purchaser identification card. ( Is someone from out of state really going to register? I wouldn't )

Mandate training to obtain that card, which must be renewed every 10 years. ( This will do nothing to prevent gun crime )

And give the attorney general power to bring legal action against gun manufacturers and retailers. ( Most gun crime firearms are brought in from out of state and are illegal! )

The $20 million dollar question is - What can we The People do to fight this?

Did they mention what they will do to the criminals? or is that us?

3 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

I had heard from someone else that the Supreme Court ruled the extended magazine ban  in NJ was illegal. Yes? No? 

The scotus granted Writ of Certiorari to ANJRPC v. Grewal and sent it back to the 3rd circuit telling them to retry the case and apply the history and traditions Justice Thomas pointed out in NYPRA v. Bruen opinion. Basically they said it was illegal

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

I thought it was every 4 years. Where did you read it was 10?

Looks like in the final bill they amended it to expire after 10 years and for new ones (not sure about replacements) you have to have completed training within past 4 years unless exempt. 

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/bill-search/2022/A4370/bill-text?f=A4500&n=4370_R1

Also new FPIC will have fingerprint and your photo.

Edited by DJ0808

At least if you're going to hit me with all these permits,  fees, and regulations the process should be streamlined and efficient.

Still waiting on a NICS for a pistol that was submitted Monday afternoon....

For reference my last purchase (a shotgun) in DE took 17 minutes for NICS on a busy weekend!!!

Should be no ID cards, just a data base of prohibited people.  If you’re not in the system as a criminal, mentally ill or otherwise prohibited you can buy. Show your drivers license, they check for your name in the data base and if negative they sell.  This way law abiding citizens are unencumbered and able to easily purchase firearms. Also gets rid of all the bureaucracy of fingerprinting, ID cards, renewals etc. etc.