IGNORED

cannabis users

Batsto

Very interesting article.From my personal experience growing up in the 60's-70's I smoked a lot of pot.I quit but a few friends never did. They are adults now and still smoke every day. They seem to look at life differently, they are lazy with very little ambition doing only what is absolutely necessary and not a bit more. You need to kick them in ass to get them moving! LOL

3 hours ago, not on the rug said:

"Those participants who self-reported cannabis use within the past year were matched one of three control groups: people who never reported using cannabis, used cannabis only once or used more than 12 months ago while also adjusting for many confounding variables, including physical and mental health diseases, tobacco alcohol and illicit drug use.   

The study’s goal was to see if there was an association between marijuana use and hospitalizations or emergency room visits that were related to lung issues. 

The researchers didn’t find a strong association with marijuana use and emergency department visits or hospitalizations specifically related to respiratory issues or death from any cause.

But they did find emergency room visits or hospitalizations for any reason increased by an estimated 22% among those who used marijuana, which suggests marijuana may be associated with adverse health outcomes."

So...let's begin... 

Anything self-reported isn't a study or scientific in any way, shape or form.  Self-reporting is largely inaccurate and never used in any real studies.  

Then they  "adjusted for variables such as physical and mental health, tobacco alcohol and illicit drug use."  So...blame the weed, but not the other shit that we already know causes tens of millions of  hospital visits annually.

Then they state that the weed use didn't have a correlation with ER visits/hospitalizations for lung issues or even death.  So how exactly did the weed use cause ER visits and hospitalizations?   Cheetos overdose?  Finger cramps from getting high and playing your guitar for too long?

Then this dogshit "study" suggests marijuana use may be associated with adverse health outcomes.  How so?  In what way?

Perhaps its the cigarette smoke, alcohol use, physical and mental health issues or illicit drug use that they "adjusted" for.  

You guys really need to stop looking at fox news for your information.  You're just as bad as the CNN crowd with your "science" and "facts."

It's a terrible " study " and it's conclusions ( what little there appears to be ) are likely a bit tainted by pre-existing prejudices. Perform a similar study say comparing alcohol with a correlation to ER visits and the percentages would be rather high. I would never advocate smoking pot as inhaling any foreign substance is not advantageous to lung health but to dismiss it's obvious curative properties is foolish at the least.    

40 minutes ago, toxo said:

Very interesting article.From my personal experience growing up in the 60's-70's I smoked a lot of pot.I quit but a few friends never did. They are adults now and still smoke every day. They seem to look at life differently, they are lazy with very little ambition doing only what is absolutely necessary and not a bit more. You need to kick them in ass to get them moving! LOL

I agree on all points, been there done that, know people who never left the 60's and 70's, don't worry about the stock market, price of gas, etc., but don't own shit

1 hour ago, Gman said:

Many many pharmaceuticals have been approved by studies with self reported data.  

That's because there is mega money involved.  If people think they are unwell and that this magic pill will help them, then that's what they report.  That's why the placebo effect and confirmation bias are both very real things.  

This is why nutritional studies are largely bunk.  There isn't an ethical way to gather accurate food intake info, so self-reporting is the foundation of most of those studies.  

47 minutes ago, toxo said:

3 minutes ago, JD48 said:

I agree on all points, been there done that, know people who never left the 60's and 70's, don't worry about the stock market, price of gas, etc., but don't own shit

Interestingly enough,  I know a lot of long term cannabis users who are doctors, lawyers, multiple business owners, high level athletes, etc.  

Lazy people are going to be lazy no matter what and driven people will be driven no matter what.  Correlation does not equal causation

4 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Interestingly enough,  I know a lot of long term cannabis users who are doctors, lawyers, multiple business owners, high level athletes, etc.  

Lazy people are going to be lazy no matter what and driven people will be driven no matter what.  Correlation does not equal causation

We have a current generation that is unmotivated, lazy and owns only what their parents own and it has little to do with pot use. 

6 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Point taken and agree, I left out they had nothing before they started getting high

17 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I completely agree. Two of my most successful friends use THC daily or nearly so. They are top earners, own one or more businesses each, as well as multiple vacation homes, boats, etc. and both very hard workers. 

That said, if you are inherently lazy AND you smoke a lot of pot, chances are you’re going nowhere fast. 

3 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

I completely agree. Two of my most successful friends use THC daily or nearly so. They are top earners, own one or more businesses each, as well as multiple vacation homes, boats, etc. and both very hard workers. 

That said, if you are inherently lazy AND you smoke a lot of pot, chances are you’re going nowhere fast. 

What about those of us who work all the time and use cannabis to become more lazy.....

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

I’ve never known a single person that went to the ER for cannabis. Not one. I’ve know dozens that went for alcohol poisoning.  Maybe hundreds over the years. That’s my scientific study. 

One of my good friend was admitted just last week with alcohol poisoning. He will be transferred to an inpatient treatment when he is released. He was supposed to come for the 4th, it's his birthday, and we celebrate it every year. We are going to miss him, but want him to get better.

2 minutes ago, DonW said:

One of my good friend was admitted just last week with alcohol poisoning. He will be transferred to an inpatient treatment when he is released. He was supposed to come for the 4th, it's his birthday, and we celebrate it every year. We are going to miss him, but want him to get better.

Wishing for a speedy recovery

24 minutes ago, DonW said:

Wishing him a speedy recovery

21 minutes ago, OldMenRule said:

A unique subclass worthy of further study.....:up:

A unique subclass indeed.  :rofl: