Batsto

MY FAVORITE DOPERS :rock:

cheech-and-chong-up-in-smoke-620.jpgThen and Now

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaa.JPG

Edited by bushden
Another picture

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

I had spent plenty of years in the prehospital medical field. Do you know how many people I’ve taken to the hospital who were new smokers to marijuana? Plenty. Not a single one do I ever recall truly being sick, or even needing emergency care. However they went, and they are now a cannabis respiratory statistic in the ER. I’m sure it’s even more common now that it’s legal. 

7 minutes ago, Batsto said:

It just makes sense if you smoke pot or drink, you open a door to potential risk. So, with the increase of recreational cannabis, we will see more health related problems.  

Not trying to give tou a hard time, but why does that "make sense?"  Do you drink alcohol?  If so, does it open a door to more health related problems for you?  Do you think there might be a balance of alcohol or weed usage where a person could see benefits without risks?  The idea of weed being a "gateway drug" has been largely disproven, so why carry on that mindset?

8 minutes ago, Jcol6268 said:

I had spent plenty of years in the prehospital medical field. Do you know how many people I’ve taken to the hospital who were new smokers to marijuana? Plenty. Not a single one do I ever recall truly being sick, or even needing emergency care. However they went, and they are now a cannabis respiratory statistic in the ER. I’m sure it’s even more common now that it’s legal. 

Of course.  Those folks got super high and had a panic attack.  Probably because they were uncomfortable with the sensation of being high or maybe they just got some gnarly sativa that got their mind racing a bit.  

2 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Not trying to give tou a hard time, but why does that "make sense?"  Do you drink alcohol?  If so, does it open a door to more health related problems for you?  Do you think there might be a balance of alcohol or weed usage where a person could see benefits without risks?  The idea of weed being a "gateway drug" has been largely disproven, so why carry on that mindset?

It's all good, keep it a hobby not a habit

3 minutes ago, JD48 said:

It's all good, keep it a hobby not a habit

Sure.  A little edible or a couple of puffs a few times a week is no different than a glass or two or wine/whiskey/beer a couple times a week.  

Guys here worry about a handful of hits off a joint from time to time but live in NJ and breathe the air all day every day.  That cracks me up

all good until you get some that is contaminated with fentanyl,  don't laugh it happens more than you might think.  

Drug dealers using the same scales, scoops, etc.  They don't use validated cleaning methods and there is cross contamination.  It doesn't take much Fentanyl to kill you or put you in the hospital. 

30 minutes ago, Gman said:

all good until you get some that is contaminated with fentanyl,  don't laugh it happens more than you might think.  

Drug dealers using the same scales, scoops, etc.  They don't use validated cleaning methods and there is cross contamination.  It doesn't take much Fentanyl to kill you or put you in the hospital. 

Understand your concern, but no need to buy off the street anymore

1 hour ago, not on the rug said:

No hard times on this side either, but anyone who thinks recreational mj or alcohol is good in the long haul of life is mistaken. I just don’t want to pay higher insurance for their leisure and you know it’s coming. 

Edited by Batsto

6 hours ago, BHC said:

Western doctors are against the use of it. You don't have to smoke it, they do have editable. I know many people with with health concerns that it helps as good western medication. I for one would like to try it for my backpain I refuse to smoke it, I refuse pain medication as they often lead to addiction.  So Far the epidural shot and physical therapy has reduced the pain to a more manageable level.  

It did not work for me for pain but what it did help is while trying to sleep with the pain it relaxed me so I could sleep. And there’s no way to do it during the day and functions properly i will not take pain pills also. That being said try it before you go to bed at night if you have a hard time sleeping because of the pain. 

1 hour ago, Gman said:

self-reporting is an acceptable scientific means to complete a study,

This is not necessarily true.  

Methods A retrospective, population-based, cohort study was carried out, linking health survey and health administrative data for residents of Ontario, Canada, aged 12–65 years, between January 2009 and December 2015. Individuals self-reporting cannabis use within the past year were matched to control individuals (people who reported never using cannabis, or used cannabis only once, and more than 12 months ago) in upwards of a 1:3 ratio on 31 different variables, using propensity score matching methods. Respiratory-related and all-cause ER visits or hospitalisations, and all-cause mortality, were evaluated up to 12 months following the index date.

In nearly every journal article I've reviewed, I always call out self-reporting.  Statistically, your data will be inferior.  After this point, every analysis should be considered suspect, and the conclusions weak.  In many cases, especially ones dealing with social sciences, self-reporting is the only method of data gathering, and it subsequently makes most social science research very, very weak.

While the research in the study is comprehensive, the data gathering methodology, which is where I always start my reviews because studies collapse so quickly there, is a weak foundation for the conclusions.  So I would discount their conclusions due to their inferior data gathering methodologies.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

2 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Anything self-reported isn't a study or scientific in any way, shape or form.  Self-reporting is largely inaccurate and never used in any real studies.  

Rug, I get your point but what you said above is also not necessarily true.  Again every disease state does not have a bio-marker that can be measured.  

Many many pharmaceuticals have been approved by studies with self reported data.  

Edited by Gman