IGNORED

NJ Handgun Ammunition Registry

20 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I don't have the space to reload, unfortunately.  And God forbid I get into yet another hobby.....  :P

This correlates to another topic. Perhaps if you didn't indulge in the evils of the plant of the lazy you would have the energy for another hobby....:tooth:

1 hour ago, OldMenRule said:

This correlates to another topic. Perhaps if you didn't indulge in the evils of the plant of the lazy you would have the energy for another hobby....:tooth:

I have 30+ other hobbies I'm working on.....  and working two jobs.....

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Just now, Tarhunt said:

No offense guys but, you're nuts if you sign up for the ammo registry. Why let the state know what you have? It's none of their freaking business. 

It's called civil disobedience, and we've been doing it since the founding of this fine nation!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Wow, I just read the ammo registration law. At first I thought it wasn't as bad as it sounded - it sounded like the dealer only had to now enter the data in their own computer system rather than hand-write it in a book or ledger like they already do now. Like, they can just put the information in an Excel spreadsheet or something.

But then I got to the end... OMG! The dealer has to submit those records up to the state! So the state is going to have some server that all ammo dealers need to then send the data to.

WTH?

Not only is this basically a government firearm registry, but how much is this going to cost the shops now? Now they have to set up a computer system to talk to the state's computer system? Going to drive up costs for us - the law says the shop can charge $5 per transaction now.

This is going to kill ammo sales in our local shops - and I'm sure that is one of the main reasons for this law.

2 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Wow, I just read the ammo registration law. At first I thought it wasn't as bad as it sounded - it sounded like the dealer only had to now enter the data in their own computer system rather than hand-write it in a book or ledger like they already do now. Like, they can just put the information in an Excel spreadsheet or something.

But then I got to the end... OMG! The dealer has to submit those records up to the state! So the state is going to have some server that all ammo dealers need to then send the data to.

WTH?

Not only is this basically a government firearm registry, but how much is this going to cost the shops now? Now they have to set up a computer system to talk to the state's computer system? Going to drive up costs for us - the law says the shop can charge $5 per transaction now.

This is going to kill ammo sales in our local shops - and I'm sure that is one of the main reasons for this law.

Bingo! 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

2 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

WTH?

Seems like an end around to creating a gun registry which I believe will get overturned. It may take some time though

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

3 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Seems like an end around to creating a gun registry which I believe will get overturned. It may take some time though

IMHO there is a good chance that upon challenging the statute that it will be blocked from enforcement.  After California's inexcusable release of CCW permit holders earlier this week, there is good reason to prevent enforcement while the courts assess the constitutionality of the law.  Most likely it will fail in the first court it hits.  I would be surprised if a lower court has the audacity to try and connive a way to subvert a SCOTUS ruling.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

These new laws are nuts and a straight slap in the face of Bruen. 

IMO Murphy and Hochul are throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks, damn well knowing a good bit of it will likely be overturned in court. Hochul even said they'll push right up against the line of constitutionality and restrict as much as possible.

Seriously is there no means by which they could be held in contempt of SCOTUS???

Just seems to me that if a court says don't do that to you or me, then we try to play games with a judge(s) order, that court would immediately come down hard on us. Why doesn't the same apply to state legislators or governors???

Not that I could see current DOJ doing anything in this case....

On 7/1/2022 at 9:02 AM, Bucndoe said:

Funny how intent matters in the legal system, except when our gov does it.  Clearly the intent is tied to tracking guns along with ammo.