IGNORED

NJ Handgun Ammunition Registry

2 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Funny how intent matters in the legal system, except when our gov does it.  Clearly the intent is tied to tracking guns along with ammo.  

What is the law regarding a registry?

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

On 7/1/2022 at 10:45 AM, DJ0808 said:

These new laws are nuts and a straight slap in the face of Bruen. 

Seriously is there no means by which they could be held in contempt of SCOTUS???

Just seems to me that if a court says don't do that to you or me, then we try to play games with a judge(s) order, that court would immediately come down hard on us. Why doesn't the same apply to state legislators or governors???

Not that I could see current DOJ doing anything in this case....

Because they are not in direct violation of the Court ruling on Bruen.  These new laws will be challenged and likely overturned, but it has to go through the Courts.  If NJ or NY said "screw you" to SCOTUS and didn't change "may issue" to "shall issue" which the Bruen case settled, then they would be in contempt.