IGNORED

Reel Recommendation

Integracingsr

Look for something with sealed internals.my opinion shimano uses by far more superior materials than penn...penn uses alot of plastic..i did just purchase a slammer 3 5500...pretty smooth .have yet to use it.also just purchased 2 shimano twin powers..4000 and 6000...small frame but powerful and lightweight..not quite a stella but has alot of the same parts..dont have much to say on daiwa as i dont own any yet..i was checking out the back bay model i think its called..looks like good quality..go somewhere that has all good reels.bring your rod..see what matches up with it..do some research..youll have a reel nice set up

For all you salt guys, I’m looking for a reel recommendation for a rod that I recently received as a gift.

Tsunami Jigging Rod (TSTBS-J601MH)
6’0” 
Line: 20-50lb
Pure: 1-4oz
It’s primary use will be for fluke fishing from the boat.  Let me know what you guys would recommend pairing it up with.  
Tsunami salt x 4000 fully seald

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Buckmaster3405 said:

Salt x is a nice reel..its on my list to buy for sure.the 4000 is very powerful

I looked at one when I bought my vs.  I bought the vs 200 will probly try the salt x for my smaller bay rod

35 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

I gotta say I bought a kastking spartacus II for 30 bucks on Amazon. Amazingly smooth its been my go to for throwing lures in inlet and jetty. I clean and lube after every salt water use. I could burn thru 4 of these to equal 1 Penn battle. 

Tell us about it when you actually catch a few big fish with it .

battle isn’t a high end reel , BUT it’s an all metal frame . And can handle abuse .

Spartacus2 is a nylon reel, it’s not going to hold up to constant abuse in different temps the same way .

I have a lot of tackle , from low to high end .when it comes to reels , you get what you pay for ..

after all the money it costs to fish today , not having a tackle failure is priceless 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Tell us about it when you actually catch a few big fish with it .

battle isn’t a high end reel , BUT it’s an all metal frame . And can handle abuse .

Spartacus2 is a nylon reel, it’s not going to hold up to constant abuse in different temps the same way .

I have a lot of tackle , from low to high end .when it comes to reels , you get what you pay for ..

after all the money it costs to fish today , not having a tackle failure is priceless 

Agree 100%. Caught a few largemouth with it so far lol. Time will tell. I don't do as much salt water fishing as some on here. And deep clean and lubricate reels immediately after when I do. Have had no issues thus far. Like you i have alot of $$ in equipment. This reel outperforms its price tag. Thats all im saying. 

i assume this is a spinning rod.  6' seems short and the line rating and lure rating suggest this is more of a "meat stick" and might be better for something other than fluke?    I like 6.5 to 7' for fluke jigging.  Lighter line and lure ratings (by far).  Seems this is better suited for deep jigging bigger game fish like inshore tuna under 100 lbs.  What am I missing?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….