IGNORED

UPDATE/WE are BACK!! PIC HEAVY!!!-Family Yellowstone trip this summer…any tips!?!?

Take some time to visit Cody WY. They have a lot of neat things to do there. There is a gun range there where you can shoot all the old cowboy guns as well as some modern ones. I was just there in the beginning of May and some of the roads were still closed due to the snow. This picture is of a sandhill crane inside Yellowstone. Have made up my mind that end of life will be out there and not in this state.

crane.jpg

Make sure you have an insurance because if you don't have it you need to get it because it's as good as money.

Make Sure your insurance policy is paid up.

Are you bringing your mother-in-law?.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

Make sure you have an insurance because if you don't have it you need to get it because it's as good as money.

Make Sure your insurance policy is paid up.

Are you bringing your mother-in-law?.

Good idea!!

Like Clark Griswold …I have the kind of luck that if it’s raining titties, I get hit in the head w a dick!!!  

• Bonefreak changed the title to UPDATE/cancel??-Family Yellowstone trip this summer…any tips!?!?

That's terrible. Just glad to know your trip didn't start.

10 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

More proof …. I have the kind of luck that…if it was raining titties…I would get hit in the head w a dick!!

Our trip may be canceled…

https://www.wsj.com/articles/yellowstone-national-park-closed-as-flooding-wipes-out-roads-buildings-11655207055

My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C 4-5 quadriplegic.

It's real bad.  The two gateway Towns in the north, Red Lodge and Gardiner and further north, Cook City are affected really bad and nearly isolated. Utilities are really F'ed up.  Roads in the northern loop are completely washed away in large sections.  If your staying in Cody, you might be ok, but expect crowds from displaced residents and vacationers.  If you want more info, I can pm you my cell.  My wife is in Red Lodge and I have friends down towards Cody who can provide real info.  But it is pretty bad and I hear the south side of the Park might get the runoff issues, as well.

30 minutes ago, LittleM said:

It's real bad.  The two gateway Towns in the north, Red Lodge and Gardiner and further north, Cook City are affected really bad and nearly isolated. Utilities are really F'ed up.  Roads in the northern loop are completely washed away in large sections.  If your staying in Cody, you might be ok, but expect crowds from displaced residents and vacationers.  If you want more info, I can pm you my cell.  My wife is in Red Lodge and I have friends down towards Cody who can provide real info.  But it is pretty bad and I hear the south side of the Park might get the runoff issues, as well.

Thanks M!!  I may be reaching out to you as we get closer to the trip. 

3 hours ago, Russ 11 said:

Just spoke with a friend who lives just north of Gardiner and he said it's bad. He had just finished building 3 cabins for rentals and he said that's not going to happen this summer . 

Yeah there’s a lot of people will be affected in the area. Think of all the fishing hunting guides. Horseback tours etc. rental cabins. Tough times if u depend on that tourism for income.