IGNORED

NJ fish and wildlife

hiking

1 minute ago, MGHunter66 said:

So many want people to respect and care for the outdoors yet create an educational outreach program to help promote fishing, conservation and the do’s and don’ts and people still bitch. Biggest problem in this country is people of color coming here and not assimilating. Programs like this help to do just that. Btw, sistas is a way women/girls in urban areas refer to their friends, it is not one color specific 

Apparently you didn’t read the banner either ..

everyone who bitched , didn’t complain about the word sistas or urban women .

was the definition they gave for sistas .

im tired of anything I say being complained as racist , but when it comes from the other direction were supposed to be ok with it .

deal with it every day on the work sites .

it’s out of control .

take one look at guys losing sponsorships for statements that aren’t racist , but someone complained they felt it was .

IMO this is no different .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Good luck with that, but you’ll never posses my boyish good looks and Adonis like physique so there’s that

Dude your physique can’t even pull a bow back lol

and I have a bunch of years on you .

‘But just as all of us are , my mind is def younger than my body .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Apparently you didn’t read the banner either ..

everyone who bitched , didn’t complain about the word sistas or urban women .

was the definition they gave for sistas .

im tired of anything I say being complained as racist , but when it comes from the other direction were supposed to be ok with it .

deal with it every day on the work sites .

it’s out of control .

take one look at guys losing sponsorships for statements that aren’t racist , but someone complained they felt it was .

IMO this is no different .

Look , I get it. The race card is out of hand. But let’s not use it in the same manner that the idiotic mealy mouths do and become one in the same. The only way to combat todays “fake racism” is to educate. 

AWM

5 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

No different than you chiming in 

women of color excludes whites as well as Asians .
the term is based on race and always has been .

while I agree with the premise of the program I don’t have to agree with the wording . 
no different than the BET awards participants complaint they never get Acadamy awards 

Asians typically understood to be "of color" nowadays by both the woke and unwoke

Edited by JFC1

7 hours ago, JFC1 said:

Asians typically understood to be "of color" nowadays by both the woke and unwoke

Learn something new every day. I didn't know they are of color lol. I don't know how to be woke I guess. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong century and I'm only 40. Can't imagine how my grandparents see the modern world lol.

3 hours ago, JD48 said:

Maybe you could dress up like a clown and give a class in Spanish, explaining you need to buy a fishing license

So you're saying that Spanish-speakers are predisposed to taking instructions from clowns? Are they Trumplicans or followers of Gaetz, Greene and Hawley alone?

I usually talk in Spanish to the guys littering or taking shorts when I'm wearing waders, it's the middle of the night, and because I have the balls to do something instead of bitch and moan here about things that go bump or scare me while I hover over the keyboard. But never dressed like a clown, unless you think Frog Toggs are Bozo wear. 

I don't think I need to buy a fishing license. I have one. 

2 hours ago, Coyoteslayer said:

Learn something new every day. I didn't know they are of color lol. I don't know how to be woke I guess. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong century and I'm only 40. Can't imagine how my grandparents see the modern world lol.

Maybe by the time you're 50 we'll see people figure out that white people are of color too, that so much more than color affects our life chances and how people discriminate or not, and that there's nonetheless a reason that I've not been convicted of driving while black and the LEO often says something like "Wow, you're tall. Let me check your ID and if there's nothing outstanding, we'll have you on your way." Yet my Brazilian-born wife--yes, a woman 'of color'--has been ticketed for following closely behind me on the highway as I drove an '86 Chevie Caprice that couldn't do more than 55. Cop justified his stop after we questioned him by saying, "I believed I saw her reaching down to the floor, for a weapon." My wife's never touched a gun in her life and WTF does that have to do with speeding? 

Why am I saying this? Yeah, as a white man it can be pretty off-putting to see a group that's not me targeted or celebrated for what I consider to be regular, everyday, activities open for all. But there are plenty of impediments to "our" regular, everyday activities (like driving 55) that people who don't look like me face, and that remain invisible to me. So, not targeting you, just saying, let's not get bent out of shape because the state wants to take the Sistahs fishing, but makes the wording explicit that I'm not banned from the trip while still trying to drum up Sistah support.  There are much greater injustices against people of all races than encouraging women of color to make use of rural state waters in a state in which people of color make up the majority of the populations  in places like Camden, Newark and Paterson. I fish the Passaic near Paterson, but I don't eat the fish. If we can get moms from that community out fishing on nearby clean waters it's a win-win.