IGNORED

Male GSP needs a home

Shakyjake

6 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Rehoming fee is a terrible idea.  It doesn't show you that the new owners care about the dog...it shows that they just don't care about their money.  Meet the potential new owners and speak with them, ask to visit their home, find out their dog ownership experience and see how the dog is going to live.  When you find the right home, you'll know.  A few bucks isn't going to stop bad owners from treating the dog poorly.

The "our situation has changed" nonsense is garbage.  If people aren't prepared to own a dog for the entire life of the dog, then why do they get dogs?  

You are right on target, In my humble opinion its another money grab from someone who failed to think through what should have been a lifetime investment in a new friend and now they are trying to recoup money under the disguise of doing something good. I call it BS. Do your homework before you decide to get a dog and if you do have to get rid of one after a 1/2 ass decision then do the next thing right interview offers of adoption before you let the dog go a rehome fee does nothing but make money.

In am sure I will get a lot of crap over my response, but it is what it is !

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

5 hours ago, dirtracing said:

Any chance your brother was able to speak with the breeder?  If they do not have a litter in the works and have people asking them, breeders often are able to assist in rehoming.

The best advice I have seen yet on this post!!

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

2 hours ago, bushden said:

You are right on target, In my humble opinion its another money grab from someone who failed to think through what should have been a lifetime investment in a new friend and now they are trying to recoup money under the disguise of doing something good. I call it BS. Do your homework before you decide to get a dog and if you do have to get rid of one after a 1/2 ass decision then do the next thing right interview offers of adoption before you let the dog go a rehome fee does nothing but make money.

In am sure I will get a lot of crap over my response, but it is what it is !

I dont remember asking for anyones back seat, half assed opinion. My brother is looking to find his dog a home. If you’re not interested in the dog, you have no say on this thread. Grow up, and let someone look at the post without feeling guilty for doing so. If any of you with negative comment have even 1/2 the set you were born with, call him out on it by calling the number instead of acting tough behind your little keyboard. 

Can the new owner name him Snoop?

:rofl:

How about George or Mr. Clinton - ? just the dog in me baby.. 

Beautiful dog.. hope he finds a forever home. 

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

2 hours ago, Shakyjake said:

I dont remember asking for anyones back seat, half assed opinion. My brother is looking to find his dog a home. If you’re not interested in the dog, you have no say on this thread. Grow up, and let someone look at the post without feeling guilty for doing so. If any of you with negative comment have even 1/2 the set you were born with, call him out on it by calling the number instead of acting tough behind your little keyboard. 

This is an all member forum..you have to accept your going to have negative posts on it.maybe you should not have posted it here.or maybe asked to keep any negativity out of it..just saying

On 2/19/2022 at 5:46 PM, NotJust22s said:

If you’re serious about finding him a good home then get rid of the “rehoming” fee.

What is a re homing fee ??  Is this another government tax ??  Do people sneaking across our borders pay a rehoming fee ?  If my daughter breaks up with her boyfriend and moves back home do I charge her a rehoming fee ??   When the birds in my yard come back in the spring and use the same nest do I charge them a rehoming fee ??...................

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

Not on a Rug does make some excellent points with respect to most undeserable traits in a dog is due to not understanding how a dog thinks, the cues they give off along with the time spent working with a dog to get the desired results.  I do not agree with his statement calling the breeder for help, if the breeder is accomplished within the breed helping in training would be well worth as many calls as it takes. A reputabe breeder would or should want to help out. In the case of a hunting dog. Their breeder may also know of someone looking for an older pup.  I have said this many times that the job of the breeder is to breed for; intelligence, stability, health, nose, heart and conformation. The enviornement in where the pup is placed determines the ultimte outcome as to how good or not so good the pup matures into an adult dog.  A breeder has a vested interest in their pups and wants the best for them as well as their owners. 

That being said many times pups are purchsed by impulse. In the specific case of a GSP many times an individual goes hunting with a friend and is impressed with the fact that the dog and the hunters come home with a few birds. The problem is that the dog is an older dog that has gone through all of the terrible stages that a puppy goes through. What they see is the finished product not all the work it takes to get a dog to that point. Not only is it the basic commands the dog has to understand and comply with now add in all the additional field training.  It is a lot of work and time in the early year or two. That being said situations do change in a household for whatever reason they do change, and if at some point the owner has it in his head to move the dog is not better at that time to find the right  home for a pup whether they require a rehhoming fee or a flat out $$$ amount?  

I have been involved with this breed for some 50 years and have enjyoyed every minute of it. The puppy time is tough as adjustments are made to one's lifestyle.  Some can handle it others had no idea of what they were getting into. So if someone for what ever reason decides to move a dog no matter what the reason, it is their choice, their decision and we should not pre-judge. That being said full disclosure should be transparent as to the personality of the dog both good and the not so good as well as some excellent points made to this post.