IGNORED

Male GSP needs a home

Shakyjake

31 minutes ago, JD48 said:

Your wrong with your" situation has changed is garbage statement " Life (situations) change all the time, Health, Divorce, Finances, Housing, Job, etc.

Not wrong.  I see it all the time.  Health...maybe.  If you're dying from a terminal illness or now wheelchair bound and can't care for a dog, then that's reasonable.  The rest is crap.  Divorce,  someone keeps the dog.  Finances...get a 2nd job, housing...you can't love somewhere that doesn't allow dogs if you already don't own a dog.  A dog is a family member, and a family means committment.

4 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Not wrong.  I see it all the time.  Health...maybe.  If you're dying from a terminal illness or now wheelchair bound and can't care for a dog, then that's reasonable.  The rest is crap.  Divorce,  someone keeps the dog.  Finances...get a 2nd job, housing...you can't love somewhere that doesn't allow dogs if you already don't own a dog.  A dog is a family member, and a family means committment.

I can appreciate your passion, but your wrong on many points

1. Divorce, someone does not always keep the dog

2. Housing, maybe lost house, must move to apartment, no animals allowed

3.Get 2nd job, but then nobody is home to care for dog

Many other scenarios can come into play, example: I obtained a 3year old female Brittany 1 year ago, house /hunting dog, prior owner had 2 others 1 male 1 female (3 total in the house) dogs got along great for years, then for some reason the one female started attacking the other female, breeder said have the 1 female fixed, that didn't change things, got to a point where the owner ended up with stitches separating them, long story short have dog 1 year, shot birds over her, great in the house, loves my wife's cats, gets along great with other dogs in the neighborhood, Point made, people get rid of dogs for numerous reasons

2 minutes ago, JD48 said:

I can appreciate your passion, but your wrong on many points

1. Divorce, someone does not always keep the dog

2. Housing, maybe lost house, must move to apartment, no animals allowed

3.Get 2nd job, but then nobody is home to care for dog

Many other scenarios can come into play, example: I obtained a 3year old female Brittany 1 year ago, house /hunting dog, prior owner had 2 others 1 male 1 female (3 total in the house) dogs got along great for years, then for some reason the one female started attacking the other female, breeder said have the 1 female fixed, that didn't change things, got to a point where the owner ended up with stitches separating them, long story short have dog 1 year, shot birds over her, great in the house, loves my wife's cats, gets along great with other dogs in the neighborhood, Point made, people get rid of dogs for numerous reasons

1-someone HAS to keep the dog

2-you CAN'T move to a place that doesn't allow dogs

3-Dogs don't need someone home to care for them 24/7.  They need exercise and structure.   They aren't infants.

So...the previous owners of your dog bad a behavior issue, which was probably of their own doing, and rather than consult a qualified trainer, they asked a breeder, got a stupid answer and then got rid of their dog.  I'm glad they did.  They don't sound like folks who should own dogs.  I'm glad you are now providing a good home for the dog.  Did you pay the idiots a re-homing fee?

13 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

1-someone HAS to keep the dog

2-you CAN'T move to a place that doesn't allow dogs

3-Dogs don't need someone home to care for them 24/7.  They need exercise and structure.   They aren't infants.

So...the previous owners of your dog bad a behavior issue, which was probably of their own doing, and rather than consult a qualified trainer, they asked a breeder, got a stupid answer and then got rid of their dog.  I'm glad they did.  They don't sound like folks who should own dogs.  I'm glad you are now providing a good home for the dog.  Did you pay the idiots a re-homing fee?

1. example: when i got divorced from my first wife we had a Doberman, I ended up with dog, I was working 10 to 12 hours aday, gave dog to a friend, didn't think it was fair to the dog to be left alone that long

2.You may not have a choice of where you might move, available/cost

3.Maybe not 24/7, but not fair to be locked in house 10 - 12 hours aday

Prior owners far from idiots, they were heartbroken that they had to give the dog up, they came to my house to make sure the dog was going to a good, safe, hunting home (they lived an hour away) they never asked for any money, just wanted a good home for the dog, i did make them take $100.00 for gas and lunch

25 minutes ago, JD48 said:

1. example: when i got divorced from my first wife we had a Doberman, I ended up with dog, I was working 10 to 12 hours aday, gave dog to a friend, didn't think it was fair to the dog to be left alone that long

2.You may not have a choice of where you might move, available/cost

3.Maybe not 24/7, but not fair to be locked in house 10 - 12 hours aday

Prior owners far from idiots, they were heartbroken that they had to give the dog up, they came to my house to make sure the dog was going to a good, safe, hunting home (they lived an hour away) they never asked for any money, just wanted a good home for the dog, i did make them take $100.00 for gas and lunch

So this is what I'm reading in your post, and please correct me if I'm wrong.  

1-placing human emotion onto a dog.  Dogs don't understand "fairness."  That's a human making a dog in to something that it isn't and is usually the #1 reason dogs end up with problems.  The first thing I teach people is to remove their emotion from the equation

2-you always have a choice in life. Living life with limiting beliefs is only going to hold you back.  Again, fragile emotions rule the world

3-again, fairness, human emotions dictating K9 behaviors.  

"Heartbroken" owners who didn't have the sense to solve their own problems.  Mal-adapted adults with fragile emotions dictating the course of the lives around them and creating mal-adapted dogs and probably mal-adapted children as well.

"Facts don't care about your feelings."

Best of luck fee is good.

I have rescues they are pure breed. I paid adoption fees on both of them. They are set in place so no Tom Dick or Harry comes and get the dog and the dog gets abused or lost who cares cause it cost them nothing

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

2 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

So this is what I'm reading in your post, and please correct me if I'm wrong.  

1-placing human emotion onto a dog.  Dogs don't understand "fairness."  That's a human making a dog in to something that it isn't and is usually the #1 reason dogs end up with problems.  The first thing I teach people is to remove their emotion from the equation

2-you always have a choice in life. Living life with limiting beliefs is only going to hold you back.  Again, fragile emotions rule the world

3-again, fairness, human emotions dictating K9 behaviors.  

"Heartbroken" owners who didn't have the sense to solve their own problems.  Mal-adapted adults with fragile emotions dictating the course of the lives around them and creating mal-adapted dogs and probably mal-adapted children as well.

"Facts don't care about your feelings."

Don't we all want things to be fair in life? I get it dogs are your business and you may look at things different then me, that's fine, but i would hope that we can agree that whats best for the animal is important, to keep a dog that you may not be able to provide for whatever the reason, makes no sense to me, when there's a chance to find it a proper home, I'm sure no one is thrilled to give up their dog, and i get it that a commitment was made when gotten, but things ( situations ) happen, I forgot to mention before that prior owners also checked with a vet and was told could be a hormone imbalance, but didn't recommend anything, strange thing when i first got the dog for about a month you could touch /pet her anywhere but her face, she would pull away, not growl or bite, i think something happened between those two dogs when nobody was around, your thoughts?

2 hours ago, NotJust22s said:

Ok, so we are all on the same page, how much I’d the rehoming fee?

Is it $100 or $500 or more? Why do you think just because someone has the money they will make a better adopter? 

Read the post. Any questions, call the number. 

37 minutes ago, JD48 said:

Don't we all want things to be fair in life? I get it dogs are your business and you may look at things different then me, that's fine, but i would hope that we can agree that whats best for the animal is important, to keep a dog that you may not be able to provide for whatever the reason, makes no sense to me, when there's a chance to find it a proper home, I'm sure no one is thrilled to give up their dog, and i get it that a commitment was made when gotten, but things ( situations ) happen, I forgot to mention before that prior owners also checked with a vet and was told could be a hormone imbalance, but didn't recommend anything, strange thing when i first got the dog for about a month you could touch /pet her anywhere but her face, she would pull away, not growl or bite, i think something happened between those two dogs when nobody was around, your thoughts?

I guess we do.  But some people are more willing to make an effort to solve their problems and others are not.  I guess that's just the way I see it.

My problem is more with the initial, knee-jerk decisions that people make when they get a dog in the 1st place.  It's almost always for the wrong reasons and most certainly almost always the wrong breed for the person/family.

Hard to say what happened without actually seeing.  As a dog that is shy about having its face touched might not necessarily indicate anything serious hapoened.  It could be a trust thing and once she trusted you, she let her guard down a bit.  So long as you demonstrated calm and assertive behavior, the dog learned to trust your energy and you solved that problem for her.  How is she when other folks try to touch her face?

4 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I guess we do.  But some people are more willing to make an effort to solve their problems and others are not.  I guess that's just the way I see it.

My problem is more with the initial, knee-jerk decisions that people make when they get a dog in the 1st place.  It's almost always for the wrong reasons and most certainly almost always the wrong breed for the person/family.

Hard to say what happened without actually seeing.  As a dog that is shy about having its face touched might not necessarily indicate anything serious hapoened.  It could be a trust thing and once she trusted you, she let her guard down a bit.  So long as you demonstrated calm and assertive behavior, the dog learned to trust your energy and you solved that problem for her.  How is she when other folks try to touch her face?

Not a problem at all, she enjoys the attention, even in the woods if she runs into another dog, they do the sniffing routine, and she goes back to hunting, very calm easy to handle dog, i think she enjoys being in a 1 dog home, maybe too much stress with the other dogs in 1 house, if you have 2 females in the house, is 1 the alpha?

2 hours ago, JD48 said:

Not a problem at all, she enjoys the attention, even in the woods if she runs into another dog, they do the sniffing routine, and she goes back to hunting, very calm easy to handle dog, i think she enjoys being in a 1 dog home, maybe too much stress with the other dogs in 1 house, if you have 2 females in the house, is 1 the alpha?

If a dog in a multiple-dog home becomes the "alpha" it's usually because the humans aren't providing enough leadership influence.   Actually, even in a 1 dog household, the humans typically aren't in any sort of leadership role.  Calm, assertive human energy puts all dogs in to the calm, submissive follower role

Edited by not on the rug

Unless you have walked a mile in the other man’s shoe, shut the f—k up. We love to assume how things in life play out for someone because of your situation in life. Really sounds to me like a bunch of lib tards that want to judge someone else but cry when they get judged. 

If you are not able to adopt the dog then move on. Don’t judge a persons situation that you have never even met. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

what's up with the negativity of this post? ....This gorgeous dog seems to be coming from a loving family and is well mannered and well taken care of. Re-homing fee whatever the asking price is seems to be well worth it. I grew up with GSP they are great dogs. If you don't understand  the re-homing fee, or can't afford it then you can't afford the dog long term