IGNORED

Let's see your pictures from past hunts.

Rusty

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

Now that is cool Mr. 57!! 

That's gotta be a site record!  Has anyone here taken a deer before 1951?  

My first was in the 70s, so I'm out.  Heck I wasn't even born in that decade!  :rofl: 

That was my first year Hunting after Tagging along 2 Years a s a Brush beater for My Father since his Springer stayed by my side all day,  At 10 on a Junior Licence was Given a Stevens 12 single Hanner, I had nightmares about its Kick, but after that small game season and a Box of Shells I still had a Fear, 

Opening Day 2:3o pm that Buck appeared by surprise running full out with 2 Does,  I think he heard my Heart Pumping since he came to a stop some 15 yards away looked me in the eye as My Gun Went OFF I do not even remember pulling the Trigger, Seemed like forever before my father arrived  seeing me still sitting against that tree,  He handed me his knife with ok Gut it, With his help it was done, took 1/2 hour to get down to the car to be Center stage, Next Stop was the Walpack Inn where I had all the Birch Beer I want. 

And Yes we did all the Butchering 2 days latter but with a Very Small freezer at the time even with the Ice Cube trays removed it was Shared to Many that never had a Venison, A German Neighbor Took a Huge Rump Roast and made Sauerbraten to die for as she had a 2 Family Dinner for us,  Had many years till the Next deer in Oxford , 

Is there anyone that Hunted Walpack over the Years. From  the 50s to recently  I plan on doing a Post on it and its History To this Day I drive up just to sit and Daydream maybe do a bit of Fishing as a Side bar,  And Over the Years I believe I have driven every Road from rt 206 to the Gap up and Down  Hunting Hiking Camping, More Latter in another Post, 

Photos from the Period Not mine   Note THe Names 

out1a_400x400.jpg

historic+image+5.jpg

jukebox.jpg

20181020_091538.jpg.aeaf54e653cf0ec56d71bb1b2c5596a1.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

14 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

That was my first year Hunting after Tagging along 2 Years a s a Brush beater for My Father since his Springer stayed by my side all day,  At 10 on a Junior Licence was Given a Stevens 12 single Hanner, I had nightmares about its Kick, but after that small game season and a Box of Shells I still had a Fear, 

Opening Day 2:3o pm that Buck appeared by surprise running full out with 2 Does,  I think he heard my Heart Pumping since he came to a stop some 15 yards away looked me in the eye as My Gun Went OFF I do not even remember pulling the Trigger, Seemed like forever before my father arrived  seeing me still sitting against that tree,  He handed me his knife with ok Gut it, With his help it was done, took 1/2 hour to get down to the car to be Center stage, Next Stop was the Walpack Inn where I had all the Birch Beer I want. 

Really cool story. And great pictures. Brings you back in time.

Rusty I will post a Teaser from the Area,  I sat on his back porch that many were not given that privilege as I earned his Trust with my Wife.          He Posted many Acres that he did not own but for some reason they were respected. all Attached to other Posted Lands, Anyone remember  This as the walpack inn followed years later by Feeding the deer,  

deer (1).jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I will try and post a few more but here was my first big game hunt in Alaska. I think it was 12 or 13. It was a group hunt and I was on snow shoes. We had to hike a minimum of 5 miles off the road prior to pulling a trigger. My dad bought me a painter suit and we covered the guns in sock. We were quite a bit north of the Arctic Circle. Maybe 1992

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_8059.jpgIMG_8060.jpg

1 hour ago, tjfslaughter said:

I will try and post a few more but here was my first big game hunt in Alaska. I think it was 12 or 13. It was a group hunt and I was on snow shoes. We had to hike a minimum of 5 miles off the road prior to pulling a trigger. My dad bought me a painter suit and we covered the guns in sock. We were quite a bit north of the Arctic Circle. Maybe 1992

What a great experience for a kid!!  

What a great experience for a kid!!  

I spent 15 years in Alaska. Back when I was that young I was running 10k’s in about 45 min. My dad trusted me to go after the caribou with his buddy who was a big time runner. We used plastic sleds to drag them out. It was a bit of an experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

And Yes we did all the Butchering 2 days latter but with a Very Small freezer at the time even with the Ice Cube trays removed it was Shared to Many that never had a Venison, A German Neighbor Took a Huge Rump Roast and made Sauerbraten to die for as she had a 2 Family Dinner for us,  Had many years till the Next deer in Oxford , 

Is there anyone that Hunted Walpack over the Years. From  the 50s to recently  I plan on doing a Post on it and its History To this Day I drive up just to sit and Daydream maybe do a bit of Fishing as a Side bar,  And Over the Years I believe I have driven every Road from rt 206 to the Gap up and Down  Hunting Hiking Camping, More Latter in another Post, 

Photos from the Period Not mine   Note THe Names 

out1a_400x400.jpg

historic+image+5.jpg

jukebox.jpg

20181020_091538.jpg.aeaf54e653cf0ec56d71bb1b2c5596a1.jpg

Would like to see the Libs ask this crew, should boys be allowed to use the girl's bathroom?