IGNORED

Someone is a happy hunter

scrubhunter

So I hunted last Sunday morning and again last evening. My spot in Z6 is only about 150 up a hill off the road.  While walking into my spot yesterday, I am not 30 yards from the truck and I can see in the snow blood all over and what is the remains of a gut pile. This was not there on Sunday. Awesome, glad somebody was lucky enough to shoot one. I start walking towards my spot and it is like I am following a blood trail. There was about 2 feet wide of blood going straght to my spot. I make it all the way to my "blind", I sit in the middle of a blow down tree, and the blood trail literally goes to about 10 feet from the Big & J block I have out. Right at the block there is hair. Glad someone has shot one there, becasue I have been skunked. Its township permit only land so as long as they have the permit they can hunt wherever they want. I am not pissed they shot one there in the least bit, mostly jealous. The guy could of at least left me a little bottle of whiskey or something. 

4 minutes ago, scrubhunter said:

to about 10 feet from the Big & J block I have out

This is why I have abandoned baiting on public land. It not only attracts deer but also hunters as well. I mean, if the deer are going to hang around bait, I will assume that is where the hunters will gravitate to. Plus, all some people have to see is a pile of bait or a mineral site and they will hunt on or around it.

I would have at least left you  the tenderloins and a thank you note :happywave:

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL