IGNORED

Whats your favorite go to Fresh Water Rod & Reel.

bushden

Well sitting home today staying warm I decided to pull out reels and start the summer prep. I started with my all time favorite Delaware River setup, A Mitchell 300 1960 vintage and a Fenwick 6 1/2' medium action pole, over the years I have caught more shad and herring and catfish with this combo than any other river setup. The reel is broken down every year and completely cleaned and serviced, the rod as you can see in in good shape, only once did I have to replace the end eye, I dropped the pole and the graphite eye broke and I replaced it with glass. anyway over the cold spell I will take out a couple a day and start the servicing while I wait for the weather to ease up to go out hunting a couple more times before it over.

Here is a picture of my Mitchell 300 with Fenwick Rod hurry up WARM SUMMER WEATHER, Shad and Turkey 1st.

zzzzzzzzzzz300 mit.JPG

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

Any rod with a Mitchell 308 or 300 on it. One of only three  good things to  ever come out of France

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

Any rod with a Mitchell 308 or 300 on it. One of only three  good things to  ever come out of France

Well we know Mitchell reels are 1, the Women are 2, what is the 3rd ? I cannot think of anything else good there.

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

Just now, bushden said:

Well we know Mitchell reels are 1, the Women are 2, what is the 3rd ? I cannot think of anything else good there.

#3 French Fries.lol  When I was kid I had a 300,308 and 408 they were all workhorses:up: Now I use a Shimano Stradic mounted on a 6"6" St Croix

Edited by bucky

6 minutes ago, bushden said:

Louisiana, Mitchell reels, and CP Swing lures

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

21 minutes ago, bucky said:

#3 French Fries.lol  When I was kid I had a 300,308 and 408 they were all workhorses:up: Now I use a Shimano Stradic mounted on a 6"6" St Croix

I to have a stradic I use for trout, I use the Mitchell for SHAD, CATFISH, & BASS in the Delaware

HONOR THE FALLEN

6 hours ago, bushden said:

Well sitting home today staying warm I decided to pull out reels and start the summer prep. I started with my all time favorite Delaware River setup, A Mitchell 300 1960 vintage and a Fenwick 6 1/2' medium action pole, over the years I have caught more shad and herring and catfish with this combo than any other river setup. The reel is broken down every year and completely cleaned and serviced, the rod as you can see in in good shape, only once did I have to replace the end eye, I dropped the pole and the graphite eye broke and I replaced it with glass. anyway over the cold spell I will take out a couple a day and start the servicing while I wait for the weather to ease up to go out hunting a couple more times before it over.

Here is a picture of my Mitchell 300 with Fenwick Rod hurry up WARM SUMMER WEATHER, Shad and Turkey 1st.

zzzzzzzzzzz300 mit.JPG

My second reel was a Mitchell 300. I got it when I was about 10 years old in the early 1960s. Here is a picture of it with the original unknown rod. I used it for many years for all kinds of NJ freshwater fishing, pike in Canada, trout in Vermont and fluke in NJ bays. I still have both but they have long since been retired. One of the last times I used it fluke fishing in Great Bay I caught a 8 pound weakfish in 1981. My current go to reels are various Shimano models with various rods.

0823C7EE-EB75-4912-BBC7-136A50C91F1A.jpeg

C3B5EC28-8465-4256-B619-008AE7A9AEF8.jpeg

4931C320-BCF7-4A87-8B94-4FF0D51D994E.jpeg