IGNORED

Stopped By Local Archery Shop....Check Out Crossbows

BHC

So the local shop to me is a dealer for TenPoint, and Ravin and I was hoping to handle both as I'm doing my homework now for a near future purchase. Sadly the shop didn't have anything in stock but the owner was nice enough to answer my questions and tell me the pros/cons of each.....Overall he said he likes Tenpoint over Ravin cause he can line up with the scope better, so that was a personal thing. Tenpoint he said can have issues with the crank getting jammed and if that happens it must be brought in, and damage can be done if it's over cranked  if that damage is done it can cost $350 to be fixed, with that said he liked the Ravin's crank better....Trigger wise he thinks they nearly equal but that can be a personal thing as well.  He did say as of late Ravin's customer service is better, Tenpoint customer service is at times difficult to get a hold of and they ask many questions even on warranty repairs, getting replacement parts is equally hard to get between both cause of the BS shipping delays, etc. He did say Tenpoints models always get moved down to Wicked Ridge the following years, the lower price Wicked Ridge is because of more plastic parts versus Tenpoints metal parts but Wicked Ridge is still very good, but they don't have the Tenpoint Trigger.....Either way I go he said you won't go wrong but suggested I wait until after the ATA Show and see what new stuff comes out, and this year's models should drop in price, how much he didn't know. He asked what I'm using now, told him a cheap Centerpoint 415, he then said they are good crossbows and he has never had one come in with a problem but that could be cause people just buy new ones he just replaces the strings on them....So with that said I will wait until after the new year and see what's out there, no rush

He did also add, no matter the inexpensive or expensive they are have issues, they all have limb issues....none are immune 

Edited by BHC

I had and currently have both. High end tenpoint is several steps behind Ravin technology and quality. Ten point also has few design flaws they just put a band-aid on instead of fixing the problems. There was a very good thread on it recently. I listed problems with ten point and I think graybeard did as well. 
I will be selling my 10pt and buying a new Ravin. 

Best deal I'm seeing is from Wyverncreations.com 

I found a new 29x still in box, unregistered with vortex scope 12 bolts, broadheads, in Maryland for $2200 I was buying it I will be in the area tomorrow morning seeing my daughter, I was contacted it was sold 

I shoot Excalibur's. Their higher speed bows have some limb issues, especially the Micro's but they are easily repaired at no cost. I've always been interested in the Ravens so I joined the Raven owners web site to get information. They have real problems. You can't even leave a Raven cocked for over 8 hours.Guys had them blow up when they left them cocked in their closets! Cable string stretched,timing, cocking sled problems,cranking problems, uncocking problems, 400 shots or a complete string change every 2 years.This is all from Raven owners. All because of the high speeds they are trying to achieve and the 1 inch groups at 100 yards. Great crossbow but expect very high maintenance.

Edited by Dinger

2 hours ago, BHC said:

Best deal I'm seeing is from Wyverncreations.com 

Wyvern is the man. Been buying from him for years, most knowledgeable crossbow guy around, and his service and help are fantastic. You can call him with a problem and he’ll walk you through it. 
I would highly recommend doing business with him.