IGNORED

Stopped By Local Archery Shop....Check Out Crossbows

BHC

2 hours ago, toxo said:

I shoot Excalibur's. Their higher speed bows have some limb issues, especially the Micro's but they are easily repaired at no cost. I've always been interested in the Ravens so I joined the Raven owners web site to get information. They have real problems. You can't even leave a Raven cocked for over 8 hours.Guys had them blow up when they left them cocked in their closets! Cable string stretched,timing, cocking sled problems,cranking problems, uncocking problems, 400 shots or a complete string change every 2 years.This is all from Raven owners. All because of the high speeds they are trying to achieve and the 1 inch groups at 100 yards. Great crossbow but expect very high maintenance.

High speed bows require TLC, there is no way around it. 

I don't plan on buying a new crossbow for a long time. I still use my 2016 Bear Torrix bow. Harvested two early season deer with it. I still love my TenPoint Carbon Nitro. Easy to cock and easy on strings and cables. My 2019 TenPoint Stealth NXT is my primary bow when pursuing Bucks. I purchased it for my South African Safari. Once I saw the potential power of a 400 fps bow, I realized I did not need to go further in terms of speed. I set a personal limit of about $1000 for a bow. My Stealth NXT can kill any animal that walks the earth with the proper arrow and broadhead. I don't need to spend $3-4 thousand to kill a deer at an average distance of 25 yds. Good luck with your new purchase.

Edited by archer36

3 minutes ago, ithaca10 said:

Liking my Centerpoint 370  im good out to 40yds could drop out further but good with 40 can't see spending all the cash.

I'm happy with my two CPs as well. I was thinking of picking up another 415