IGNORED

Big fish caught in local tournament

Lunatic

Mid-Atlantic in Cape May. I fished this tournament twice and we won once in tuna category for biggest fish and stringer. Unfortunately there isn’t much money in this tourney. 
this is a nice fish

https://www.nj.com/news/2021/08/fishing-team-catches-record-958-pound-blue-marlin-in-local-tournament.html

5F16DA1D-7CA4-47FD-91AB-A86F0FC6D580.jpeg

Edited by Lunatic

damn those are both world class fish relatively close to home.    Not for me - but always cool to see.  Shame they have to kill them but I know the meat is good so hopefully it fed a lot of people

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I can’t even imagine catching 958 lb marlin and losing! I mean both those fish are once every ten year fish, to catch two in one tournament is unreal.  The winning fish at this years big rock was under 700 and that’s the biggest tournament on the East coast. Wow!!

37 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

damn those are both world class fish relatively close to home.    Not for me - but always cool to see.  Shame they have to kill them but I know the meat is good so hopefully it fed a lot of people

As I was reading your post it reminded me of something that happened one of these tournaments. I don't remember if it was this one, Ocean City M or Big Rock. Anyway it was a day off for us as you can only fish 3 out of 5 available days. But I hooked up with a boat docked next to us just to go for a ride. The owner had some mad money. So he hooks a giant marlin. I could not believe my eyes when the fish jumped. After a long fight the mate finally gets his hands on the leader but the owner tells him "cut it lose" . So he did. The guy said I am not killing a fish like this for $30K. Nice to be rich.

Edited by Lunatic