IGNORED

35 days woo hoo!!!

Michael Britt

1 minute ago, Michael Britt said:

Went out this afternoon to do some housekeeping...install bow hanger & haul line, install cam over a bait block, made a mock scrape, cleared trail of sticks and put some bright eyes along the way. Really excited on this new property...got the SW 20 acres to myself...Somerset County.

I have 40 acres to myself in Cream Ridge and yes it feels great. I went out yesterday to get ready for the upcoming season. 

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

I have 40 acres to myself in Cream Ridge and yes it feels great. I went out yesterday to get ready for the upcoming season. 

Interested to see how good I did picking stand location. I'm near a major road crossing that backs up to 1000s of acres of forest to the W. Apparently a very large buck was roadkilled here last year...

7 minutes ago, Michael Britt said:

Interested to see how good I did picking stand location. I'm near a major road crossing that backs up to 1000s of acres of forest to the W. Apparently a very large buck was roadkilled here last year...

When you have the place to yourself it’s easy. You move to where you see action and eventually you get close. I don’t scout on private property. I react by moving based on what I see when actually hunting. 

18 minutes ago, Michael Britt said:

I'll use the saddle to do that...

I have 4 permanent sticks in place with millennium harness on top. So I go in with a stand on my back. 4 on 40 acres placed in key locations covers huge part of the property. Then if things change I have a climber and portable sticks. 

14 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I have 4 permanent sticks in place with millennium harness on top. So I go in with a stand on my back. 4 on 40 acres placed in key locations covers huge part of the property. Then if things change I have a climber and portable sticks. 

With my stand I leave the top 2 sticks up (LW), I pack in 3 Helium minis...strap easily to my Badlands pack. Have 4 minis and 2 more LWs for saddling...

7 minutes ago, Michael Britt said:

With my stand I leave the top 2 sticks up (LW), I pack in 3 Helium minis...strap easily to my Badlands pack. Have 4 minis and 2 more LWs for saddling...

I use cheap permanent sticks so it’s easy in and out. I would not leave my LW sticks behind 

I envy you guys with all the private ground you have. I hunt 18 acres that are private but it’s surrounded by township property. Can’t leave a stand there. It will be gone in no time. I’m to old to use a climber. Maybe not to old but to heavy. Lol.  I hunt from the ground  with recurve bow. I get lucky now and then. I only hunt there early season then I move on to Wharton state forest. I usually do good on the state land that I’ve been hunting for 37 yrs. Some guy moved in my area last yr. He totally is screwing me up. It’s state land and he’s allowed to be there. Told him where I was hunting and he said your way too close.  I told him how many yrs I’ve been there and I don’t plan on moving. I can park and not have a far walk because of my back issues. He’s still hunting there. It is what is I guess. It’s just an easy spot for me to get in and out of.  I try to respect everyone when it comes to hunting spots but never seem to get the same respect back! Private or state land. 

22 minutes ago, Recurve hntr said:

I envy you guys with all the private ground you have. I hunt 18 acres that are private but it’s surrounded by township property. Can’t leave a stand there. It will be gone in no time. I’m to old to use a climber. Maybe not to old but to heavy. Lol.  I hunt from the ground  with recurve bow. I get lucky now and then. I only hunt there early season then I move on to Wharton state forest. I usually do good on the state land that I’ve been hunting for 37 yrs. Some guy moved in my area last yr. He totally is screwing me up. It’s state land and he’s allowed to be there. Told him where I was hunting and he said your way too close.  I told him how many yrs I’ve been there and I don’t plan on moving. I can park and not have a far walk because of my back issues. He’s still hunting there. It is what is I guess. It’s just an easy spot for me to get in and out of.  I try to respect everyone when it comes to hunting spots but never seem to get the same respect back! Private or state land. 

That stinks x2