IGNORED

Deer management hunters wanted.

Pathman

On 7/16/2021 at 10:18 PM, Pathman said:

I can guarantee one thing, if you actually did know how the program was run, and you didn’t have your own private property to hunt, you’d be lining up to get a chance to participate

I guess the line isn't to long if you're trying recruit on the internet:hmmmer:

3 hours ago, JFC1 said:

I don't understand all the antipathy against a clear call for participants that readers/posters can take or leave, and that has a place in the most densely (human) populated state in the US. 

My sentiments exactly Jf...Sad, what has become of this new generation of (so-called) hunters. Precured my bow license in 1971. I think it was about 6,700 before me. My mental take was the challenge of the hunt! Seeing another bow hunter in the woods then, like hey how you doing  you see anything, we chat a while shake hands and wish each other good luck. Today? ☹️..

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

20 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

My sentiments exactly Jf...Sad, what has become of this new generation of (so-called) hunters. Precured my bow license in 1971. I think it was about 6,700 before me. My mental take was the challenge of the hunt! Seeing another bow hunter in the woods then, like hey how you doing  you see anything, we chat a while shake hands and wish each other good luck. Today? ☹️..

Agreed!

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

So refreshing to know there are a few others that experienced what I did and have relatively the same perspective on Hunting !

2 minutes ago, Kype said:

thanks? i think. i was hoping to make your ignore list with our last conversation. :kissbutt::happywave:

Why? It was the most entertaining post I have read in a while. You went back in time to several projects I posted, criticizing imaginary mistakes to question my education level. It really came across like jealousy an pitiful attempt to make yourself feel better.
It was so stupid and unexpected I think you were very drunk. 

30 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Why? It was the most entertaining post I have read in a while. You went back in time to several projects I posted, criticizing imaginary mistakes to question my education level. It really came across like jealousy an pitiful attempt to make yourself feel better.
It was so stupid and unexpected I think you were very drunk. 

lol. was far from drunk. and nothing was imaginary. you posted your mistakes. not me. have a good night. do me favor and put me on your ingore list:praying:

i was done with this thread, then you had to call me out by saying "kype knows everything" yet you didnt have the balls to tag me in the post. you are the common denominator to every post where people agrue for pages and pages because you never give it up. 

Edited by Kype

6 hours ago, Pathman said:

Hey you two, simple solution, start a separate thread titled “Lunatic vs. Kype, the saga continues!” 

Thanks!😎

You should thank them, they're keeping your post at the top of the page where lots of people will see it.  If not for them this thread would be dead and gone.  

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

You should thank them, they're keeping your post at the top of the page where lots of people will see it.  If not for them this thread would be dead and gone.  

Really?😳 and what would the people be reading, the discussion about going back in time and imagining things, or who was drunk or not at the time?🤦‍♂️
Certainly not the subject of my post, which BTW, I’m perfectly capable of bumping to the top myself without all the drama thank you very much!😂

So, my response is tongue in cheek for the most part (before anyone gets upset that I am disagreeing with Rusty😇), but don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining!😉

On 7/16/2021 at 6:52 PM, Pathman said:

Hey all, I’m looking for “a few good men/women”  to qualify for, and add to, a list of “provisional” deer management hunters in the Somerset/Mercer County areas. 
To define “provisional” in the context of these programs, means that you would be placed on a list of qualified deer management hunters to be called upon whenever the need for additional hunters arises throughout the various hunting seasons. This could be during archery (crossbows only, don’t even ask!😉) or firearm seasons (slug guns only, again, don’t even ask, or muzzy). 

An increase of available management properties, or a change in current participant roster will determine when provisionals are called into service. 

As a provisional, you will not have access to any land or hunting opportunities unless accompanied by current participants or the hunt coordinator. Basically, provisionals, at least initially, would be a back up, and or, an additional walker/shooter on deer drives based on program needs. 

Depending on your performance, you may have the opportunity to join the permanent roster of hunters at one or more of the programs, which would then allow you to have an exclusive area to hunt/manage under the oversight of the hunt coordinator. 

All potential participants need at least two years experience in a designated DMP (deer management program) in order to be considered, and be able to move/field dress/load multiple deer if necessary.  Ample time availability during the various hunting seasons will also factor into an applicant being accepted as a provisional. 

Applicants must also possess the following;

> A current NJ hunting license, with zero past infractions on record. 

> A current valid NJFID. 

> Willingness to undergo a police background check (for certain programs only). 

> Membership in the NJSFSC, along with a current insurance card from the Federation. 

The next prerequisite is that you must be willing to shoot female deer only. You may at some point be allowed to shoot a buck based on participation and performance. 

All applicants will be required to qualify with both a “DSG” (designated slug gun) such as a Savage 220 (recommended but not required), and a crossbow. Muzzy qual would be done at a later date. 

The qualification location will likely be Clinton WMA range, date/time TBD. 

The parameters of the qualification are as follows;

>For firearm, you must impact 3 slugs within a six inch circle at 75 yards from a rested position (no sleds or rear rests, front bags/bipods only).

> For crossbows, you are required to place three arrows within a 4” circle at 30 yards (three separate 4” circles of course) from a rested position (no sleds or rear rests, front bags/bipods only).

The above accuracy parameters must be achieved in a single attempt. No do overs or second chances.
No practice at the qual location immediately prior to the actual qual. You are however encouraged to practice as much as possible prior to arriving for the qualification. 

Thanks all, hope to add some of you to our current list of deer managers. 

It’s a great group that are very welcoming and helpful, but that are also very focused on achieving the goal of the property owners, which is to manage the deer population to an acceptable carrying capacity level for the current habitat availability. 

If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, email me with your “resume”( so to speak) details, and with any additional questions you may have. 

Thanks for your interest,

John 

Jzamp1@verizon.net

Places like this are devoid of the idiots that ruin it for everyone else for the most part.   To be quite honest, If I wasn't leaving the State in 15-30 days I would love to get a crack at it..

On 7/18/2021 at 7:08 PM, hunterbob1 said:

Started hunting here in NJ in 1977, PA in 1973,  man how I miss those days!!

On 7/17/2021 at 8:41 AM, Pathman said:

Wow, that’s a tough one to deal with if you’re very close to bordering properties. We don’t have that type of regulation, but we do stress proper shot placement within your highly effective range limitations to minimize deer getting too far off the property. 
I realize certain locations may need stricter adherence if neighbors don’t agree with the program and will cause issues if a deer dies on their lawn, it’s a difficult situation to navigate. 

This prevented the 5 very fortunate guys from taking anything but optimal shots..  yes it was quite tough to stay and repeat every year but only made me a better hunter...

You have to remember we were bowhunting sometimes 20-30 feet from the rear window of a multimillion dollar mansion....

Edited by Bowhunter458