IGNORED

Deer management hunters wanted.

Pathman

Pathman- great for posting this opportunity. I think it is great to be able to effectively hunt/kill deer in over populated areas while creating recreation for outdoorsmen instead of the tax payer paying outside company. It sounds very well run with expectations set forth before someone gets involved.  As outdoorsmen we come on this site and complain about the need for these type hunts and this  turns negative pretty fast.  I was surprised. I thought there would be several volunteers interested. At 57 (58 when the season really kicks in in october) I like to hunt for me at my pace and my game plan or I would have been interested. Sure it would suck to watch a big buck walk by the first few years. But when the opportunity came down the road-- you get to hunt (for free) bucks that some will pay thousands of dollars to go kill in another state. It would make sense for a guy who is cash strapped to pay his dues for a few years and have the opportunity to hunt very quality bucks down the road without spending thousands of dollars. Good luck finding a few good men. 

" Wow, sounds like a great opportunity, and fun,   NOT !  ":    How is my comment creating an argument ? Just stating that this is not a hunt, but culling an uncontrolled number of deer, without paying outside companies to just kill over bait. Kype and I have yet to meet, but will soon as I spend most of my days less than 5 miles away from his home.  Read the post and get Your facts straight, it was me and not Kype that stated that I hunted the boundaries of Dukes. When Dukes came up, it struck a nerve. You were probably not even born when I hunted and it was a heavily patrolled and protected estate cared for under Doris Dukes terms. This was a magical place in the middle of an overpopulated state where you could see record book bucks  on a regular basis. Occasionally these  monster bucks would venture out during the rut and end up winning a local contest. FYI, the time period that I'm speaking of was the late 60's and early 70's , so not even relevant to todays world.  Good luck with your recruitment and your necessary  Culling, in areas that it is required. Sorry for my rant, but when the word "Dukes" came up it struck a nerve. When you have 2500 acre park and the initial slaughter of this herd takes place, it is beyond troubling and its a little different than the current required Culling ! 

21 minutes ago, Pathman said:

I stand corrected and apologize for my mischaracterization of your response regarding Dukes. Apparently it was the other guy who couldn’t pass the qualification!😂 

Nice offer John, I know you have good intentions at heart.It's a new day let it lay.I know you's both, two good guys!!:kissy:..

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Just now, hunterbob1 said:

Nice offer John, I know you have good intentions at heart.It'sew day let it lay.I know you's both, two good guys!!:kissy:..

Copy that Bob, I guess it’s that I’m (along with many of us) so tired of “fake news” mischaracterizations over the past two years from the media and the politicians that our tolerance levels have been exhausted as it pertains to BS!  
In closing, if a guy can’t take a bit of ribbing, I can’t use him anyway.  😉

10 hours ago, Bowhunter458 said:

I hunted under similar circumstances years ago in Bernardsville, It certainly isnt for everyone. Seeing 150+ inch deer and having to pass on them  was nerve shattering.

I was setup sometimes 20 feet from a house, it was very strict but rewarding as far as the amount of deer I was seeing!   

Oh one more regulation, you wounded a deer and lost it and it wound up on someones property if they made a complaint you were done....

I've been hunting a suburban spot for about 7 years &  very luckily only once did have a deer die on a neighbors front lawn.  The neighbor called police.  I was legal & the cop told the neighbor they didnt have to let me retrieve it but pointed out the wasted meat &  they might not want a dead deer on their front lawn.  They let me get it. They're both nice people, not pro hunting but I now say hi when i see them.  Some idiot did shoot an arrow on their lawn so I dont blame them for being upset about that.

15 minutes ago, LittleM said:

Six more months, way things are going...

Pray for us on your magic log in Montana.We will survive!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt