IGNORED

Mineral Site.....Anyone Start ?

BHC

4 minutes ago, LPJR said:

Used to spend alot on mix. 

Just use Trophy Rocks now. Placed one out today with a 2nd bale of Alfalfa that the deer are loving..

Screenshot_20210305-200808.jpg

those commercial mixes are expensive.....but inexpensive if you mix your own

15 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

still a foot of snow by me - I have some mineral blocks out though and deer starting to hit them..

:agree:

I still have snow too and the deer have dug through the snow and are hitting the salt blocks on a regular basis.  

7 hours ago, Jcol6268 said:

I find my personal mixes to be even more expensive. What is it costing you to do your own and what are you using?? 

What do you buy that costs less? 
Also read the ingredients of what you buy. Most of it is filler and salt, very few minerals and very light, if any, on Di-Cal

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

What do you buy that costs less? 
Also read the ingredients of what you buy. Most of it is filler and salt, very few minerals and very light, if any, on Di-Cal

Well before I say this, they aren’t apples to apples lol. The Di-cal for me is the expensive part. It’s usually about $40 for a 50lb bag, if I remember to buy it early enough, like now. Once people get to making their minerals I’ve had hard times finding it, until I no longer need it. That’s really what made me start using Trophy Rocks, Bio Rocks, and Deer Cane. I’ve found they last just about as long as my heavier home made mixes, are easier to carry out, and cost less, even at full price. However, I generally grab them when they are on clearance. And for the record. I don’t put out a ton of minerals. I like them for inventory purposes. I feel better about a small side benefit regarding herd health, but  it’s just a supplement. I will only put one site out per property, and I don’t use them on all of my properties.