IGNORED

New Jersey Wants to Pass Bill to Stop Hunting Tests and Field Trials Received An Email From the English Setter Club

Below is the email I received from the English Setter Club,

Please see the notice below.  This could have a very negative impact on our club.  Please reach out to the appropriate public representatives to voice your thoughts to this proposed legislation.  

Tuesday, January 26, 2021
https://www.akc.org/legislative-alerts/nj-bill-make-certain-performance-events-related-activities-unlawful-request-amendment-clarification-today/

New Jersey Assembly Bill 1365 seeks to prohibit the "harassing or taking" of wildlife at competitive events. Because the bill could impact clubs offering AKC-sanctioned performance events in New Jersey, including those that offer sporting, hound, earthdog, and herding events, it is imperative that AKC-affiliated clubs in New Jersey, and breeders, owners, and performance dog enthusiasts, contact the members of the New Jersey Assembly Agriculture Committee and respectfully urge them to amend A.1365 prior to passage. 

As currently worded, A.1365 would make it unlawful (1) to harass or take covered wildlife at a competitive event; and (2) for any person to organize, sponsor, promote, conduct, or participate in a competitive event at which the participants harass or take covered wildlife.  The bill's expansive definitions of "competitive event" and "harass" could result in prohibiting some AKC-sanctioned Performance events from being conducted in New Jersey. 

AKC REQUESTS CLARIFYING AMENDMENT TO A.1365
The American Kennel Club's position on the use of dogs in sporting, working, and competition activities is clear:  We encourage and strongly support the interaction and mutual enjoyment of owners and dogs in sporting activities such as hunting and field trials; in working circumstances such as herding, tracking, and pulling; and in competition events such as dog shows, obedience trials, agility trials, and other performance events and tests.

A.1365 is similar legislation filed in multiple states that would ban competitive events involving dogs bred for AKC performance Events and related activities.  Substantively similar legislation was filed in New York in 2019 as Assembly Bill 772, which also could have impacted AKC performance events.  Thankfully, after successful outreach by AKC and allied organizations to that bill's sponsor, that legislation and its successor were amended by (1) clarifying that hunting contests where the sole objective is taking the largest number of game or wild birds would be prohibited, and (2) any prohibition would not apply to field trials, dog training areas, or canine performance events. 

It is imperative that A.1365 be similarly amended to protect AKC-sanctioned events and related activities, including clarification that pen-raised quarry not be subject to the prohibition. 

WHAT YOU CAN DO
AKC-affiliated clubs, breeders, owners, and performance enthusiasts are strongly encouraged to contact the members of the Assembly Agriculture Committee and respectfully urge them to amend A.1365 before its upcoming hearing on Wednesday, January 27, 2021.  

The public may submit written testimony electronically in lieu of oral testimony, which will be included in the committee record and distributed to all the committee members. Written testimony should be submitted to OLSAideAAN@njleg.org.  

If you are interested in only registering your position with the committee, please fill out the Registration Form located on the New Jersey Legislature Home Page under the applicable Committee heading.         

Assemblyman Eric Houghtaling, Chair
802 West Park Avenue
Suite 302
Ocean Twp., NJ 07712
(732) 695-3371
AsmHoughtaling@njleg.org

Assemblyman Adam J. Taliaferro, Vice Chair
(856) 339-0808
AsmTaliaferro@njleg.org

Assemblyman John Armato
(609) 382-5421
asmarmato@njleg.org

Assemblyman Ronald Dancer
(609) 758-0205
AsmDancer@njleg.org

Assemblyman Parker Space
(973) 300-0200
AsmSpace@njleg.org

Assemblywoman Lisa Swain
(201) 576-9199
AswSwain@njleg.org

Due to the public health emergency, the State House Annex remains closed to visitors.  The public may not attend the committee meeting in person but may view and participate in the meeting via the New Jersey Legislature home page at https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/.  The committee will take oral testimony on bills, by telephone and video.  For those individuals who wish to testify, please check the box "Do you wish to testify?" on the Registration Form. Instructions for testifying before the committee will be forwarded to you after you submit your Registration Form.  The form must be submitted by 3:00 PM on January 26, 2021.

FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact AKC Government Relations at doglaw@akc.org; or the New Jersey Federation of Dog Clubs at jeffbetsyball@yahoo.com. 

This alert was originally sent by AKC to individuals potentially impacted by this information. Clicking the unsubscribe button below will unsubscribe the original recipient to all AKC GR alerts. If this message was forwarded to you and you no longer wish to receive such messages, please contact the individual who forwarded this to you. 

This is not the 1st time they tried this and this will affect not just field trials it we get our hunting contest also and it is happening in several other states at the same time, This is not good at all and again they attack our rights in support of the BS liberals who just keep picking away at us. Don't let them win, Contact your assembly men/women and let them know your disagreement.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

January 26 2021 came and went.....

what’s the status of this BS bill?

why is this the first I’m hearing of it as a Sportsman?

@BowhunterNJShould we have or do we already have a Forum page alerting us to this garbage that advises us the procedures to actively fight against this crap?  Maybe an automatic petition type of forum page we sign against this crap n w a stroke of the keyboard it gets sent out to the appropriate legislative committee??  

As a member of the NJ Federation of Sportsman’s Clubs, I know they fight against this liberal BS, but I also know we have a NjFSC forum page n I don’t think this bill was alerted to us by them. 

I am an English setter owner and I will check out the OPs club info regarding membership 

10 hours ago, Gianluigi Savarese said:

Below is the email I received from the English Setter Club,

Please see the notice below.  This could have a very negative impact on our club.  Please reach out to the appropriate public representatives to voice your thoughts to this proposed legislation.  

Tuesday, January 26, 2021
https://www.akc.org/legislative-alerts/nj-bill-make-certain-performance-events-related-activities-unlawful-request-amendment-clarification-today/

New Jersey Assembly Bill 1365 seeks to prohibit the "harassing or taking" of wildlife at competitive events. Because the bill could impact clubs offering AKC-sanctioned performance events in New Jersey, including those that offer sporting, hound, earthdog, and herding events, it is imperative that AKC-affiliated clubs in New Jersey, and breeders, owners, and performance dog enthusiasts, contact the members of the New Jersey Assembly Agriculture Committee and respectfully urge them to amend A.1365 prior to passage. 

As currently worded, A.1365 would make it unlawful (1) to harass or take covered wildlife at a competitive event; and (2) for any person to organize, sponsor, promote, conduct, or participate in a competitive event at which the participants harass or take covered wildlife.  The bill's expansive definitions of "competitive event" and "harass" could result in prohibiting some AKC-sanctioned Performance events from being conducted in New Jersey. 

AKC REQUESTS CLARIFYING AMENDMENT TO A.1365
The American Kennel Club's position on the use of dogs in sporting, working, and competition activities is clear:  We encourage and strongly support the interaction and mutual enjoyment of owners and dogs in sporting activities such as hunting and field trials; in working circumstances such as herding, tracking, and pulling; and in competition events such as dog shows, obedience trials, agility trials, and other performance events and tests.

A.1365 is similar legislation filed in multiple states that would ban competitive events involving dogs bred for AKC performance Events and related activities.  Substantively similar legislation was filed in New York in 2019 as Assembly Bill 772, which also could have impacted AKC performance events.  Thankfully, after successful outreach by AKC and allied organizations to that bill's sponsor, that legislation and its successor were amended by (1) clarifying that hunting contests where the sole objective is taking the largest number of game or wild birds would be prohibited, and (2) any prohibition would not apply to field trials, dog training areas, or canine performance events. 

It is imperative that A.1365 be similarly amended to protect AKC-sanctioned events and related activities, including clarification that pen-raised quarry not be subject to the prohibition. 

WHAT YOU CAN DO
AKC-affiliated clubs, breeders, owners, and performance enthusiasts are strongly encouraged to contact the members of the Assembly Agriculture Committee and respectfully urge them to amend A.1365 before its upcoming hearing on Wednesday, January 27, 2021.  

The public may submit written testimony electronically in lieu of oral testimony, which will be included in the committee record and distributed to all the committee members. Written testimony should be submitted to OLSAideAAN@njleg.org.  

If you are interested in only registering your position with the committee, please fill out the Registration Form located on the New Jersey Legislature Home Page under the applicable Committee heading.         

Assemblyman Eric Houghtaling, Chair
802 West Park Avenue
Suite 302
Ocean Twp., NJ 07712
(732) 695-3371
AsmHoughtaling@njleg.org

Assemblyman Adam J. Taliaferro, Vice Chair
(856) 339-0808
AsmTaliaferro@njleg.org

Assemblyman John Armato
(609) 382-5421
asmarmato@njleg.org

Assemblyman Ronald Dancer
(609) 758-0205
AsmDancer@njleg.org

Assemblyman Parker Space
(973) 300-0200
AsmSpace@njleg.org

Assemblywoman Lisa Swain
(201) 576-9199
AswSwain@njleg.org

Due to the public health emergency, the State House Annex remains closed to visitors.  The public may not attend the committee meeting in person but may view and participate in the meeting via the New Jersey Legislature home page at https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/.  The committee will take oral testimony on bills, by telephone and video.  For those individuals who wish to testify, please check the box "Do you wish to testify?" on the Registration Form. Instructions for testifying before the committee will be forwarded to you after you submit your Registration Form.  The form must be submitted by 3:00 PM on January 26, 2021.

FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact AKC Government Relations at doglaw@akc.org; or the New Jersey Federation of Dog Clubs at jeffbetsyball@yahoo.com

This alert was originally sent by AKC to individuals potentially impacted by this information. Clicking the unsubscribe button below will unsubscribe the original recipient to all AKC GR alerts. If this message was forwarded to you and you no longer wish to receive such messages, please contact the individual who forwarded this to you. 

I’m an English Setter owner and I am interested in your club membership. Please provide any information available. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Bonefreak said:

I’m an English Setter owner and I am interested in your club membership. Please provide any information available. Thanks!

https://www.englishsetterclub.com/

Located in: Bob Bende Park

Address: 275 Medford Mt Holly Rd, Medford, NJ 08055

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

1 hour ago, Bonefreak said:

January 26 2021 came and went.....

what’s the status of this BS bill?

why is this the first I’m hearing of it as a Sportsman?

@BowhunterNJShould we have or do we already have a Forum page alerting us to this garbage that advises us the procedures to actively fight against this crap?  Maybe an automatic petition type of forum page we sign against this crap n w a stroke of the keyboard it gets sent out to the appropriate legislative committee??  

As a member of the NJ Federation of Sportsman’s Clubs, I know they fight against this liberal BS, but I also know we have a NjFSC forum page n I don’t think this bill was alerted to us by them. 

I am an English setter owner and I will check out the OPs club info regarding membership 

It has been discussed here and it was squashed last time the alerts and action around this bill occurred earlier this year.  NJSFSC and UBNJ both posted on their websites and other social media to help mobilize a response by sportsmen and women.  @Flyarcher.Xis a UBNJ representative and posted in that topic here on NJ Woods & Water.  Shortly after that distribution of the messaging to concerned sportsmen and women, the bill was removed.  :up:

Gyuys - 

I have a stupid question.

Why is it, with all of the sportsmen and women in NJ, and all the orgainzations they support, that a PRO hunting and training bill has not been put forward in the NJ legislature.

Why do we have to wait to respond to this nonsense?  

Why doesn't the AKC, the NJ Federation of Sportsman's Clubs, and a consortium of sporting clubs WRITE AND SPONSOR a bill that clearly and conclusively states the RIGHT of the citizens  to pursue lawful hunting and training activities, both on private and on state owned properties,  and perhaps, just perhaps, includes felony penalties for those who deliberately interfere with these rights.  

Maybe I am wrong, but I was always told the at the best defense...is a good offense. 

I am quite certain that at least ONE sympathetic legislator can be found who would introduce this kind of legislation and use the legislative process to AFFIRM the rights of citizens, instead of trying to limit and abridge them and in the process, protect the federal contributions to the wildlife preservation efforts, such as Pittman-Robertson funding.

RayG

3 hours ago, birddogger said:

Gyuys - 

I have a stupid question.

Why is it, with all of the sportsmen and women in NJ, and all the orgainzations they support, that a PRO hunting and training bill has not been put forward in the NJ legislature.

Why do we have to wait to respond to this nonsense?  

Why doesn't the AKC, the NJ Federation of Sportsman's Clubs, and a consortium of sporting clubs WRITE AND SPONSOR a bill that clearly and conclusively states the RIGHT of the citizens  to pursue lawful hunting and training activities, both on private and on state owned properties,  and perhaps, just perhaps, includes felony penalties for those who deliberately interfere with these rights.  

Maybe I am wrong, but I was always told the at the best defense...is a good offense. 

I am quite certain that at least ONE sympathetic legislator can be found who would introduce this kind of legislation and use the legislative process to AFFIRM the rights of citizens, instead of trying to limit and abridge them and in the process, protect the federal contributions to the wildlife preservation efforts, such as Pittman-Robertson funding.

RayG

Good idea!

I forget what state passed it but I remember hearing a state passed a law that made a constitutional right to hunt n fish

woukd be interesting how much support it would get in this liberal hell whole....if a legislator even had a enough balls to sponsor it

• 4 months later...