IGNORED

Destination and delivery charges

Bojaffa

9 minutes ago, CJ3a said:

The cost to get a car to a Michigan dealership should be less than a car to Florida or even the number of trucks a dealer orders.  Think of the truck cost as fixed and shipping, insurance based on the distance so that’s a variable per dealership. 

The cost/ truck is based on the cost to ship, its not fixed. For example if you put one truck on a flat bad  it will cost considerably more for this one truck than large  trailer covering the same distance with 6 trucks on it. It is simple mathematics of cost divided by the number of cars. 

Edited by Lunatic

Its all a shell game to get as much money as possible, Then there are the ridiculous cost of extended warranties. Hell I could probably get a better warranty deal from the 10 or so warranty solicitors that call me every day.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

2 hours ago, james7 said:

I don’t think it’s meaningless , fuel was more money in 2012 than it is now, plus my car came from around the world not halfway across the country... I’d say 1700$ sounds high but those charges pay my bills so I guess i don’t want anyone bitching about the high costs LOL  , I’m literally delivering fords to the port as we speak 

E539B79D-6EAA-4828-92A1-50549A5FDDDB.jpeg

A bit off subject but man o man I just love trains. The old man worked for the railroad and I spent most of my younger days in many a railyard. 

16 hours ago, Bojaffa said:

Starting to look for a new F-150 and can’t believe almost 1700 bucks for D and D charge. I mean come awn. When’s enough enough!

Have you actually started to price them yet? I was wondering if these temporary assembly line shutdowns ... because of the worldwide shortage of microprocessors ... has had any effect on dealer negotiations. I'll be buying a F-150 in a few months, myself.

Thanks.

31 minutes ago, OldMenRule said:

A bit off subject but man o man I just love trains. The old man worked for the railroad and I spent most of my younger days in many a railyard. 

Where did your Dad work, and what railyards were you in? Long time ago I had a job that often took me inside of Conrail's Oak Island facility in Newark ... I like all railroading stuff, past and present.

Edited by Jim_

3 hours ago, Jim_ said:

Have you actually started to price them yet? I was wondering if these temporary assembly line shutdowns ... because of the worldwide shortage of microprocessors ... has had any effect on dealer negotiations. I'll be buying a F-150 in a few months, myself.

Thanks.

Where did your Dad work, and what railyards were you in? Long time ago I had a job that often took me inside of Conrail's Oak Island facility in Newark ... I like all railroading stuff, past and present.

That’s where I work 

33 minutes ago, Bojaffa said:

Haven’t actually started pricing yet. But I assume there is always wiggle room. As long as there is enough inventory around. 

Always wiggle room. I bought a chevy pick up years ago. It took me three trips to get what I wanted. They offered cash back or certain percent financing. I figured what it should run me if I got both. The third trip found me in sales managers office paying .63 cents less a month then what I figured out. 

Also look at those red tag events. I had a friend who worked for a dealership. So I would get prices from every where and then his sales manager would beat it. Well, I happened to get a sales guy from Pellegrino who knew my friend because he had worked there previously. So pellegrino sales guy knew I was not bull shitting him. So when I called my friend his sales manager told me to take that deal because he could not even match it. It was something about pellegrino had more "money on the back end" during that red tag sale. Whatever that means. You have to play their game if you want the best deal. Vehicles are our fastest depreciating big ticket items we buy- so might as well get the best deal you can.

4 hours ago, Jim_ said:

Thanks.

Spent his whole career at the Erie terminal in Hoboken. We were originally from Hoboken so I spent years at that terminal. Riding trains all over the place. It really was a great place to grow up. It was before all these regulatory times so you could pretty much do what you wanted. 

Oddly I never became an electrician or worked the rails. Really wish I did.