IGNORED

First time Ribs on new Pellet Grill

Buck154

Got my grill together the other day and today finally started it and ran it for a hour to burn off anything from being new. Figured I would try ribs on it first. I have actually never made baby back ribs before in anything. So it was a experiment. 

Cooked them for 6 hours at 250 degrees and then the last 15 minutes at 375 degrees with BBQ sauce on them. Came out pretty good as I am very full now. Pulled off he bone nicely.  Not sure what will be my thing I will try on it.

20201226_134239.jpg

20201226_173900.jpg

20201226_191204.jpg

20201226_192407.jpg

20201226_194022.jpg

25 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Looks great John!  

At 250, they should be done at about 4.5hrs.  You want to be able to eat the meat ON the bone, but it should be super tender and the fat should be fully rendered.  You probably have to experiment a little with cook times.  Those look damn good though.   

Like i said it was my first time making them and first time using the pellet grill. It was just under 6 hours. The bones didn't fall out so they weren't over cook. Not dry at all. 

nice. they look good. nice going burning the new stuff off first before cooking on it. i did the same with my smoker/grill. i have a 1/16"  of cresote and goodness on my grill lol. they get better with age. i only clean the grates that food sits on. everything else is from smoke and charcoal. 

6 minutes ago, Kype said:

nice. they look good. nice going burning the new stuff off first before cooking on it. i did the same with my smoker/grill. i have a 1/16"  of cresote and goodness on my grill lol. they get better with age. i only clean the grates that food sits on. everything else is from smoke and charcoal. 

Well seasoned 

A couple ways to tell when ribs are done are the bend test and the twist test.  If you pick a rack of ribs up in the middle with some tongs,  they should bend and be floppy, and the crust will crack but they won't fall apart.  If they don't bend/flop easily they need more time.  If they break apart, they're overdone.  Another way is the twist test.  Grab a bone in the middle of the rack and twist it.  It should break free of the meat fairly easily but not just fall right out without resistance.