IGNORED

Lack Of Shooting/Hunters Is OK With Me

BHC

Yesterday morning there were about six shots audible from where I was in the Watershed just south of Clinton reservoir.

Sunday I was scouting in Waywayanda. There were at least four other vehicles scouting in the Moe Mountain area. Thats why I went to the Watershed instead.

This afternoon I went to Demons Alley in the Watershed. No one else was hunting there.

Tomorrow AM I'm going back by the reservoir. In the afternoon I'm going to check out Cedar Swamp in Waywayanda. I haven't hunted there in years.

Opening day bow was PACKED -- I wonder if we as hunters have a sudden influx of younger hunters, able to buy and bow but not yet a gun OR if people are going strictly archery?  Who knows...

Small sample size, based off where I hunt in NJ. 

I'm ok with the lack of shooting and hunters in the woods, if the deer survive this week there is a very good chance they will be survive till next season, and that means more bucks and they will just be bigger.
Winter bow?
Historically, opening day has the highest bear harvest.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, _X7 said:

The introduction of the crossbow and the length of the archery seasons has to have an impact. There will be those who deny it, but every since the rules came into play the herds have been thinning. Remember all parts of New Jersey are not equal as far as deer density goes.

Long season. Weather is much more tolerable. Crossbows changed a  lot.