IGNORED

Doe Down and Broadhead Review

Nomad

Shot this doe out of a ground blind yesterday evening. Nothing to exciting about a doe, but I thought I would add a broadhead review to it. Swhacker 150 grain 3" cut. Excalibur Bulldog 400, 400FPS, range 10 yards.  I have used them before with good results and always saw the small entrance hole and large exit. I did some careful checking with this deer, specifically the lungs. (should have taken a picture). The broadhead went thru the center of the lungs. Where it entered was a small closed hole like the entry(pictured) and where it exited the lung was the large 3" hole. So it opened inside the lung at some point. The deer ran at a dead run for 70 yards and went down in sight.  I would say the head opened a bit late. Still had a good result though, just wondering if it would have made the traveled distance of the deer shorter if there had been a 3 inch cut going into the lung.

IMG_3747.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

IMG_3745 (1).jpg

Edited by Nomad

Congrats on the meat!

I sometimes wonder if some mechanicals  actually seem like they open "late" when they hit targets when they're shot out of xbows.  They need resistance in order to open and most compounds are nearly 100fps slower IBO than top of the line xbows.  It only makes sense that they would penetrate a little deeper before they encounter enough resistance to open.  Has anyone ever seen this studied or tested at all?

2 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Congrats on the meat!

I sometimes wonder if some mechanicals  actually seem like they open "late" when they hit targets when they're shot out of xbows.  They need resistance in order to open and most compounds are nearly 100fps slower IBO than top of the line xbows.  It only makes sense that they would penetrate a little deeper before they encounter enough resistance to open.  Has anyone ever seen this studied or tested at all?

Congrats as well...and I'd have to agree on what Rug said above.

My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C 4-5 quadriplegic.

40 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Congrats, seems weird that it opened partially through:headscratch: shot a doe this morning with reaper pro series and both holes were huge. Left blood like this on all trees for the short 20 yrd run afterwards AC31E3BF-0B71-443E-98A3-F4CD202B5D2C.thumb.jpeg.45dd556891f65cbbd293e778e746b192.jpeg

Congrats!

I used to shoot Reaper Razor tips and whitetail specials and those things left huge holes.  I painted the woods many times, just like that