IGNORED

Unusual trail cam pics thread

Yes very unusual :happywave:

Ray1005.jpg

Caught this attempted attack in Ringwood State Park... BIG Tom Bobcat stalking up on a Coon from behind, as it's about to pounce coon turns around just in time and turns out the cats the one on the menu... :rofl:

Bobcatoncoon4-18-147291.jpg

Bobcatoncoon4-18-147292.jpg

Bobcatoncoon4-18-147293.jpg

Warning, graphic pics that may be disturbing to some viewers!  Can't say I didn't shed a tear.

2013-14, and 2014-15 were really bad winters with no acorns between them.  Feb of 2015, I found 14 dead fawns(2 looked to be young doe) in a few small patches of cedar.  I had a camera on the first remains I saw, then moved the camera a week later to another fresh carcass that was within 10 yards of the first.  The ice was thick enough on top of the snow for coyotes to walk on, but the deer broke though making it difficult for them to run.  Coyotes had so many carcasses around from starvation, they didn't bother to take down the deer.  Out of the 600+ pics I had to go through, these 10 show the sequence the best.

PICT0129a.jpg

PICT0136.JPG

PICT0137.JPG

PICT0139.JPG

PICT0141.JPG

PICT0147.JPG

PICT0201.JPG

PICT0309.JPG

PICT0353a.jpg

PICT0501a.jpg

2013-14, and 2014-15 were really bad winters with no acorns between them.  Feb of 2015, I found 14 dead fawns(2 looked to be young doe) in a few small patches of cedar.  I had a camera on the first remains I saw, then moved the camera a week later to another fresh carcass that was within 10 yards of the first.  The ice was thick enough on top of the snow for coyotes to walk on, but the deer broke though making it difficult for them to run.  Coyotes had so many carcasses around from starvation, they didn't bother to take down the deer.  

Wow Greybeard, those pictures are keeping it real.  Those winters took their toll on our deer herd for sure.   

That is an amazing set of cam pictures greybeard. North jersey and southern NY took a whooping those winters. And I remember talking to my cousin in egg harbor and he was still seeing bucks with antlers in early march while deer by me were either dead or fighting to survive. Like  rusty said those pictures are keeping it real.