IGNORED

What's going on over at Allamuchy deer Park?

Anyone know what the heck is going on over there .  Halfway down Deer Park road someone put up a bunch of no trespassing private road signs and the one home owner put up a cellular trail cam practically on the road taking pictures of every vehicle that drives by.  Haven't been there since the fall but none of this was there back then. This is the main access road to this state park!

I would disregard those signs.  There are only three residences on that road and Onyx (which may not be 100 % accurate, but is often very close) shows the road is not attached to any of those properties.

I am sure the state owns the road when they obtained this property from the Rutherford estate.

3 minutes ago, NotJust22s said:

Get out and moon it. 

I like your style:up:

sounds to me like someone is trying to reduce traffic in front of their house. I just wonder why wouldn’t cops put an end to this?  You can not just place signs as you wish on public road, for sure you can not close it 

He is trying to get the state to see his point of view. 10000 people using your driveway a year and not helping maintain it. He understands and doesnt want to inconvenience people but wants the state to do their part. He purposely waited for deer season to end before closing it and only closed it until the state responded to his requests to talk.

Thank you for bringing up this topic.  I now own the majority of road (very long story) and public is currently allowed from Sunrise to Sunset- like all State Parks.   During hunting season, entering during the night hours is obviously necessary, and hunters are allowed down the road for necessary access to the Park, as long as they have a valid hunting license appropriate for the Park regulations and NJ hunting season.   The Park Police are now (way) better enforcing after hours entrance into the Park as a result of the temporary road closing and the newspaper article in December.

The State Park Service  posted additional Sunrise to Sunset signs recently,  and please pay attention to those and the No Trespassing signs on the road, they mean a big difference to the Park Police and State Police (think handcuffs.... fourth degree instead of simple petty disorderly persons offense....)

Whatever you can do to keep public pressure on the State politicians to make sure proper funding for all the Parks would be appreciated.  The Park Service has been underfunded for years, and hopefully this Allamuchy State Park driveway access nightmare and public pressure will help allow more funds to help the Park Service to properly maintain all State Parks  and access roads to them.

The State Park Service, Park Police, and State  Attorney Generals office have been very helpful this past few weeks to work with me to solve this 37 year old mess.   It should be over shortly.

I would not recommend you moon the cameras,  the 20 megapixel shot of it posted on this topic wont be pretty, cellular Cuddleback cameras rule- highly recommend.

1 hour ago, HelpforThePark said:

Thank you for bringing up this topic.  I now own the majority of road (very long story) and public is currently allowed from Sunrise to Sunset- like all State Parks.   During hunting season, entering during the night hours is obviously necessary, and hunters are allowed down the road for necessary access to the Park, as long as they have a valid hunting license appropriate for the Park regulations and NJ hunting season.   The Park Police are now (way) better enforcing after hours entrance into the Park as a result of the temporary road closing and the newspaper article in December.

The State Park Service  posted additional Sunrise to Sunset signs recently,  and please pay attention to those and the No Trespassing signs on the road, they mean a big difference to the Park Police and State Police (think handcuffs.... fourth degree instead of simple petty disorderly persons offense....)

Whatever you can do to keep public pressure on the State politicians to make sure proper funding for all the Parks would be appreciated.  The Park Service has been underfunded for years, and hopefully this Allamuchy State Park driveway access nightmare and public pressure will help allow more funds to help the Park Service to properly maintain all State Parks  and access roads to them.

The State Park Service, Park Police, and State  Attorney Generals office have been very helpful this past few weeks to work with me to solve this 37 year old mess.   It should be over shortly.

I would not recommend you moon the cameras,  the 20 megapixel shot of it posted on this topic wont be pretty, cellular Cuddleback cameras rule- highly recommend.

Why not just suck it up and put it in 4LO to get in and out?  The poor condition of the road probably discourages people from using it and/or driving too fast.  If and when the state finally paves it are you going to petition the Park Police to set up a speed trap?  

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

18 minutes ago, Big one said:

If the road to the park is private it is time for some eminate domain action.   Take the adjoining property as well.

the benefit to the citizens of NJ would outweigh his claim to the property.   I am sure he would enjoy the fair market value payment elsewhere and would not have to worry about park users.

Horrible idea:down:
How about contributing to maintenance of this private road if we are the principle users?