IGNORED

What's going on over at Allamuchy deer Park?

2 minutes ago, Big one said:

How else would public access be guaranteed?  He bought the road from the township last year....public land (albeit owned by a township) providing access to a well established part of a state park should not be sold to a private individual.   

With an easement. That’s how it’s guaranteed. Which will be listed in the deed when he purchased as a condition. In there it should also state any agreements. Which in this case sounds like maintenance/upkeep that is not being performed.

I would bet money Allamuchy Twp. did not place any easements on the deed as they would have had to involve the state.   All they wanted was a little money and shed some responsibility for property few of their residents used.   Allamuchy is still carrying a lot of debt.

Edited by Big one

3 minutes ago, Big one said:

How else would public access be guaranteed?  He bought the road from the township last year....public land (albeit owned by a township) providing access to a well established part of a state park should not be sold to a private individual.   

The landowner in question is telling you all he asks is for the road to be maintained if the public continues to access it.  Landowner is not being unreasonable.  No laws have been broken.  State can fix this as easy as pie, they just needed a motivation to do so.  

The best thing you can do - anyone, that is that remains concerned - is to call the Allamuchy Mountain SP and ask to speak to the Superintendent.  That number is 908-852-3790.  Call and share your concerns.  I can PROMISE you that the SP Super is NOT reading this post on NJW&W.  

2 minutes ago, Big one said:

I would bet money Allamuchy Twp. did not place any easements on the deed as they would have had to involve the state.   All they wanted was a little money and shed some responsibility for property few of their residents used.   Allamuchy is still carrying a lot of debt.

A township can place an easement.  The state is in no way the only public entity that can place an easement.  I work with clients that have easements issued by US Fish & Wildlife, county governments, the federal government, and yes, state easements.  There are also public easements like power line or gas/oil pipeline rights of way, cable TV buried cable easement, etc., etc.    

The land owner should expect the possibility of an eminent domain action if they buy a public access property off a municipal government that is a primary access to a state park, especially after they try to restrict access.   

That road is no better nor worse than it has been for years....but I have not been on it since fall.

6 hours ago, Big one said:

When a township sell the road to a state park access used for years to a private owner...eminent domain is the answer.  I do not know why the state did not buy the road from the township.

Because then they would have to take care of it and be responsible for when somebody drives their car into the culvert

Edited by KBfishing

I just shake my head in disbelieve how quickly people are willing to give up their liberties. The guy bought the property legally, paid for it and pays taxes on it. Anyone calling for eminent domain has zero imagination. Before you know it they will be knocking your door to take over your back yard to built a public dog run. SAD!

1 hour ago, KBfishing said:

Because then they would have to take care of it and be responsible for when somebody drives their car into the culvert

Better yet  Road collapse old mine road.3 miles. One lane obey traffic light. Sorry for the inconvenience. issue will be resolved. soon.3 years later.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Tax the MF'ERS that ride their bikes and hike the trails there. Pay to play...we hunters get stuck with the bill. Yet 90 percent of the traffic is unregistered bike riders...

And make the city folks pay..the ones that tool around 4 abreast on the back county roads as they ride their $4k pedal bikes and make me drive into oncoming traffic with my family....

Take all that money and spread a tandem load of gravel in the potholes and stock some bigger bucks. Only scrubs on that mountain. 

Edited by nb6624

7 minutes ago, Big one said:

Lunatic

Are you not for maintaining access to public open space.  Road should not have been sold.

The road to Island Dragway is also not private but the people who live on it do what they need to to maintain it.

NO, I am not for it if it means force the legal property owner to sell the land for whatever the government decides a fair price may be. If you don't get this basic principle of private ownership I really feel sorry for you. The right thing to do is to ask the guy would you sell the road to us but if he declined it should never be" we will take it anyway". The 2nd or maybe 1st thing to do is to maintain the road since the majority of users are people accessing the state land