IGNORED

Appliances Aren't Made Good These Days

BHC

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

PSE&G offers appliance insurance. One plan is for "regular" appliances, the higher cost one is for "high end" appliances. There is a reason for that. LOL

I had it when I lived in Bergen County, but now I'm in Warren County with JCP&L and they don't have that plan

Totally remodeled kitchen last year. Put in all new appliances. Sales people said everything on the market today is meant to last 5-7 years. I had mom and pop appliance store and both big box HD and Lowes tell me same exact thing. Wife has to have good looking stuff in her kitchen so I know I over paid. But at least I did not make the mistake by going with the samsung. Each sales person recommended against purchasing samsung since it is hard to get parts and their customer service is the worst.

i agree. while i was renting, my apt had an old outdated washer and dryer. never had a problem. not once. the other tennants had newer washer and dryer and they were replaced within the time i was renting(4 years). we left our apt with our washer and dryer still working...

now we bought a house and were forced to buy new washer and dryer. im sure ill be buying new ones in the next few years or at least replacing bearings. 

Just last week I had my ( over 15 year old)  Kenmore washing machine stopping during its cycle, my wife said lets get a new one it is over 15 years old, so I took it apart and found a wear hole in the hose that goes from the tub to the water level sensor, the total repair cost me 50 cents. About 3 months ago my  (over 10 year old)  Whirlpool dryer stopped heating and it was a fuse that went bad and cost me $15 for the repair. 

Whirlpool dryer 21 years old broke once and I fixed it (You Tube)

Kenmore washer 10+ years old guy fixed the timer unit once and a small sock got stuck in the pump once I fixed that myself (You Tube)

Whirlpool dishwasher 30+ years old hand me down form my sister-in-law, never had a problem (knock on wood)

Kenmore Oven 15+ years old the igniter went 3 times but my appliance guy is cool and showed me how to replace after the first time

Think I'm on borrowed time with the refrigerator though that's 21 years old also Fridgidaire  just try to keep the coils in the back clean

Edited by mightyhunter

18 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

Samsung makes great televisions but, their appliances are garbage. 

We bought new Samsung washer drier and kitchen appliances a couple years ago. I didn’t buy the extended warranty and as soon as the factory was up I’ve had nothing but problems with the refrigerator and drier. I have to replace parts almost constantly. These POS cost allot of money. If you look up Samsung problems it’s its like they should be recalled for all the same complaints.