IGNORED

Who's gotten cited from a CO, and why

Why cant i see nickmarch posts on this thread? I can only see when he has been quoted by others. I don't have him as a ignored username.  

Was checked this season while duck hunting. CO Checked stamps,  lisc., ammo, gun. Everything was legal. I did ask at the time if he would cite for an unsigned lisc. He said some CO will based on their discretion.  All in all good experience.  

Have had many experiences with CO over the years, all great with one exception. 

Myself,  my wife and a friend were spotlighting a WMA. Totally legal in nj as long as no weapon in the vehicle. CO's pulled us over, and had us at gun point,  yelling commands. I asked why the stop. His response was " because we were spotlighting." I gave permission to search the vehicle.  No weapons at all were in the vehicle.  The CO apologized for the extreme measures and said that as a CO, almost everyone they encounter has weapons so they have to use those tactics.

I believe this to be a total violation of my civil liberties.  There was no reason at all to pull us over.  Spotlighting alone, without suspicion of an associated crime,  is no reason to pull someone over (i think).   The CO admitted the only reason we were stopped was because of spotlighting.  Then to be held at gun point on top of that was just outrageous in my eyes. 

19 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

Incorrect, again. This is why the ignore feature is wonderful on here

23:3-7. Issuance of license and buttons or tags
The licenses and buttons or tags shall be procured from the clerk of any county or municipality or from any agent designated by the Division of Fish and Game to issue licenses. The license shall state the name, age, occupation and residence of the licensee and any other facts the division requires. It shall be signed by the licensee in ink and shall be signed by the clerk or agent issuing same.

The applicant for a license shall report to the person issuing it all information requested on said license, and the issuing agency shall fill out this report on the blank provided before issuing a license to the applicant. Every applicant for a license shall prove to the satisfaction of the clerk or agent to whom application is made for a license, that he is entitled to the license for which he applies.

For the fine see here:

23:3-20. Penalty for violations of article
A person who at any time alters, disfigures or changes in any manner, or loans or transfers to another, a license or button or tag issued under this article, gives false information or makes any misrepresentation to the clerk or agent to whom application is made for a license hereunder, or who violates any provision of this article for the violation of which a penalty is not herein otherwise provided, shall be liable to a penalty of not less than $25.00 nor more than $50.00 for each offense, and upon conviction the license and button or tag issued to him, if any, shall be revoked by the court or magistrate before whom the conviction is secured. The court or magistrate shall send the license and button or tag marked "revoked," to the office of the division, and any license issued to a person whose license has been revoked during the year for which the license was issued shall be void. A person who shall fail or neglect to perform a duty imposed on him by this article shall be liable to a penalty of $20.00 for each failure. No penalty fixed by this section shall apply to an offense which is a misdemeanor under this article.

This is what scares me with @nickmarch. We just read the regs and follow it. When I see claims of regs being illegal I wonder how much does Nick really know and for sure I am not digging into it, I have better things to do,  I follow the regs.

16 hours ago, Kype said:

me no, only checks for proper license etc... but one guy i know got tickets for having buckshot on him while duck hunting. he forgot he had the shells in his jacket still. and went duck hunting. he had 3 shells on him. they charged him $500 per shell. 

Thats effen crazy $1500 for having 3 shells and the guy kills a deer while trespassing, before season opens and he gets $2000?

15 hours ago, Kype said:

agree. license is never displayed. if hunting, its in the backpack or jacket pocket. fishing, i wear it around a lanyard and tucked in my shirt, jacket etc. 

I keep it in a back pack because I know if it was pinned on the outside I would lose it. I lose shit chained to me.

19 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

This is what scares me with @nickmarch. We just read the regs and follow it. When I see claims of regs being illegal I wonder how much does Nick really know and for sure I am not digging into it, I have better things to do,  I follow the regs.

I follow the laws. They Trump regs it's the most basic of legal hierarchy but I'm not getting into again you all can believe whatever you want to believe. 

Just now, nickmarch said:

I follow the laws. They Trump regs it's the most basic of legal hierarchy but I'm not getting into again you all can believe whatever you want to believe. 

I believe you believe you are right but that's maybe because you are little arrogant when it comes to this type of discussions.
You are wrong on this one and I have a feeling on everything else and I am not about test your theories in really life, suggesting no one else does it as well./

14 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I believe you believe you are right but that's maybe because you are little arrogant when it comes to this type of discussions.
You are wrong on this one and I have a feeling on everything else and I am not about test your theories in really life, suggesting no one else does it as well./

You keep believing that and just pay the fine. The screenshot is from a NJ Court Decision and is the most basic legal hierarchy.  

A simpleton would get it from the pics below. You do not have to even consider the multitude of other laws and rules that were violated to make the turkey reg.

Screenshot_20190726-112132.jpg

Screenshot_20190724-123947.jpg

Screenshot_20190724-113724.jpg

Edited by nickmarch

6 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

It's called nescience. Hopefully he posts a Court date and location when he gets tagged. I would make an effort to go anywhere in the state to watch and listen to this argument in an open Court 

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

21 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

It's called nescience. Hopefully he posts a Court date and location when he gets tagged. I would make an effort to go anywhere in the state to watch and listen to this argument in an open Court 

From everything I read he follows the regs anyway. Maybe like us he deep down knows the argument on public forum is little different than in front of real lawyer/judge.