IGNORED

trash guy refused to take my deer carcass

mazzgolf

2 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

The Whiting "dump" doesn't accept Type 10 Waste, just recyclables.  I seriously doubt that if you brought a deer carcass there that it would be accepted.  

Again you are wrong.  The whiting dump accepts all house hold trash.  

Edited by vdep217

11 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Again you are wrong.  The whiting dump accepts all house hold trash.  

They're only permitted for recyclables and Type 13 (bulk)-it's your tax dollars not mine.  Maybe my Township can apply for an NJDEP grant funded by the fines collected from your town :rofl:

image.thumb.png.6543d284697ad10c1185e8fbe57eae99.png

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

1 minute ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

They're only permitted for Type 13 (bulk)-it's your tax dollars not mine.  Maybe my Township can apply for an NJDEP grant funded by the fines collected from your town :rofl:

If it wasnt allowed I doubt it would still be going on..  you drive in and there are large roll off containers for bagged trash and bulk items,  than metal bins electronics bin cardboard paper etc.

1 minute ago, vdep217 said:

If it wasnt allowed I doubt it would still be going on..  you drive in and there are large roll off containers for bagged trash and bulk items,  than metal bins electronics bin cardboard paper etc.

It's possible they could have gotten a transfer station permit approved.  I don't have access to those records, but the fact remains that it's not a "town dump," which was my original point.  Years ago towns were allowed to buy a piece of land (old quarry, etc...) and dispose of whatever the hell they wanted in it, but that went away 50 years ago.  Control of solid waste flow and disposal was placed in the hands of counties and authorities back in the 1970s and 1980s when solid waste was moved from BPU to NJDEP as part of the effort to break the influence of the Italian Mafia on solid waste hauling and disposal.  BPU only cared about the mechanics of hauling solid waste, they never cared where it ended up.  NJDEP now oversees everything soup-to-nuts.  

16 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

The main problem is large amounts of grass clippings piled up with enough moisture and heat will start to smell like death pretty quickly.  For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would go to the trouble of bagging grass in the first place.  We got a call one time that someone thought there might be a dead body in a shed behind an abandoned/foreclosed house and it turned out to be grass clippings in plastic trash bags that had been baking in the summer heat. 

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

2 hours ago, Lunatic said:

If we were to follow your advice on hunting laws we would be hunting turkey over bait and deer with a ML pistol. And then we would all end up like that guy who stopped paying taxes because he believed it was illegal for the government to collect them:shock::happywave:

If you ever get busted for being within 300' of bait while turkey hunting from the ground just pay the fine.   Within the next 5 years if you get any violations of the multitude of other legal and illegal regulations just pay the fine and move to Hawaii to hunt the next 5 years because you won't be allowed to hunt anywhere else.

Edited by nickmarch

19 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

What? You all thought I threw out an 8-point rack or something? :rofl:

It was a tiny spike/2 pointer and it only had one side - the other side was shed. I don't think the entire thing was 12 inches long.

It's still bone!!

No matter how big or small....all bone stays w me in my shed or shop!!

That lil buck ate sumtin everyday to grow that bone!!!

Just now, Bonefreak said:

It's still bone!!

No matter how big or small....all bone stays w me in my shed or shop!!

That lil buck ate sumtin everyday to grow that bone!!!

Anybody that has a dog that is a habitual chewer will take all of the junk antlers they can get.  My lab puppy needs a few-I should whack a spike just to save our dining room chairs :rofl:

58 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Anybody that has a dog that is a habitual chewer will take all of the junk antlers they can get.  My lab puppy needs a few-I should whack a spike just to save our dining room chairs :rofl:

I know where you can get one - FOR FREE! - its just sitting in a trash can next to the curb on my street.

2 hours ago, nickmarch said:

If you ever get busted for being within 300' of bait while turkey hunting from the ground just pay the fine.   Within the next 5 years if you get any violations of the multitude of other legal and illegal regulations just pay the fine and move to Hawaii to hunt the next 5 years because you won't be allowed to hunt anywhere else.

That's the very reason, despite your legal analysis, I will not hunt Turkey over bait and I will not hunt with a hand gun.

22 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

That's the very reason, despite your legal analysis, I will not hunt Turkey over bait and I will not hunt with a hand gun.

Just make sure that after you locate turkeys or setup anywhere that you thoroughly search the surrounding six acres around you to make sure that no one else baited.   Also make sure that you do not possess a weapon of any kind while searching. 

Edited by nickmarch

10 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Just make sure that after you locate turkeys or setup anywhere that you thoroughly search the surrounding six acres around you to make sure that no one else baited.   Also make sure that you do not possess a weapon of any kind while searching. 

Common sense and understanding the intent is the key.
I have zero concern with any of the hypothetical ways you think I may get in trouble.