IGNORED

trash guy refused to take my deer carcass

mazzgolf

2 minutes ago, Shootemandmountem said:

or just with a  C- note, never a problem again.

I was trying to SAVE 100 bucks by doing it myself.. Now I have to pay the trash guy??? I might as well pay a butcher 100 bucks!!! (sigh)

I am boycotting NJW&W... I blame all of you for this mess (well, except @Lunatic - I think he told me to not bother and just take it to a butcher - he's OK. I'll still talk to him).

:D 

27 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

It's a regulation that started 2015/2016.  N.J.A.C. 7:25-5.22(h). 

Food and drug regulates the disposal of dead animals.  I think but am not sure that it says to dispose of bird sized animals in the trash and larger animals ??? I don't temember?

image.png.2dd3ea61c3fa666d0d3782ab32af8e4e.png

5 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THIS WHILE CONVINCING ME THE IDEA OF "CUT UP YOUR OWN DEER! IT'S EASY! YOU'LL NEVER GO BACK!" WAS A GOOD ONE :rant:

A little note about "hey - most of us dump our carcasses - you should think about where you are going to throw it away because the trash guys are going to refuse to pick it up" would have been nice.

:whatever: :P

BTW: they never came back today to pick it up. It's still sitting by the curb. :censored:

You're dealing with Waste Management?  I'm surprised you were able to speak to a human being on the phone.  Were they on this continent?  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

It's not bs it's facts.  All of you should know the law!  The house next to me is a summer home.  The owners are from PA.  The owners hunting buddy lost his license for 5 years!  Not just his out of State license.  He can hunt nowhere except Hawaii for 5 years.  Neither of his two violations are violations.  He just paid the fines and a couple months later received a letter that he lost his hunting privileges for 5 years. 

He was fined for having a turkey fan from a turkey that he shot because he didn't have the tag. That's not a violation.  Then he was fined for being within 300' of a deer gut pile while bear hunting.   That's not a violation either.  I should mention that he didn't shoot the deer and didn't know the gut pile was there.

Had he fought the violations he would still be allowed to hunt.

Edited by nickmarch

10 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

I was trying to SAVE 100 bucks by doing it myself.. Now I have to pay the trash guy??? I might as well pay a butcher 100 bucks!!! (sigh)

I am boycotting NJW&W... I blame all of you for this mess (well, except @Lunatic - I think he told me to not bother and just take it to a butcher - he's OK. I'll still talk to him).

You would be amazed what will get picked up on trash day for a hundred bucks

39 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Never had a problem,  but you use a private trash company.  Does your town have s landfill you can bring yourself?

12 hours ago, nickmarch said:

It's not bs it's facts.  All of you should know the law!  The house next to me is a summer home.  The owners are from PA.  The owners hunting buddy lost his license for 5 years!  Not just his out of State license.  He can hunt nowhere except Hawaii for 5 years.  Neither of his two violations are violations.  He just paid the fines and a couple months later received a letter that he lost his hunting privileges for 5 years. 

He was fined for having a turkey fan from a turkey that he shot because he didn't have the tag. That's not a violation.  Then he was fined for being within 300' of a deer gut pile while bear hunting.   That's not a violation either.  I should mention that he didn't shoot the deer and didn't know the gut pile was there.

Had he fought the violations he would still be allowed to hunt.

If we were to follow your advice on hunting laws we would be hunting turkey over bait and deer with a ML pistol. And then we would all end up like that guy who stopped paying taxes because he believed it was illegal for the government to collect them:shock::happywave:

Edited by Lunatic

11 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Never had a problem,  but you use a private trash company.  Does your town have s landfill you can bring yourself?

If you contract on your own for garbage (at least around here) the company provides Schaefer style carts-the big square cans with lids and wheels which are picked up by "one armed bandits."  You can get away with a lot more if you have that arrangement because the driver who is operating the arm never sees what is in the cart.  A lot of those guys from around here dump at Chrin Brothers right over the bridge in PA.  As for town-owned landfills, those haven't existed since the 1960s.  The only landfills in NJ these days are operated by Counties or Utility Authorities.  

18 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

If you contract on your own for garbage (at least around here) the company provides Schaefer style carts-the big square cans with lids and wheels which are picked up by "one armed bandits."  You can get away with a lot more if you have that arrangement because the driver who is operating the arm never sees what is in the cart.  A lot of those guys from around here dump at Chrin Brothers right over the bridge in PA.  As for town-owned landfills, those haven't existed since the 1960s.  The only landfills in NJ these days are operated by Counties or Utility Authorities.  

Sorry but I live in manchester and we have a twp dump as does lakehurst..

8 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Sorry but I live in manchester and we have a twp dump as does lakehurst..

Your trash goes to the Ocean County landfill as does Lakehurst's.  The town does not control the landfill nor what is permitted to go into it.  

image.thumb.png.4093c18d227cc8a6d526348d5c387a76.png

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

6 minutes ago, Swamp_Yankee said:

Your trash goes to the Ocean County landfill as does Lakehurst's.  The town does not control the landfill nor what is permitted to go into it.  

image.thumb.png.4093c18d227cc8a6d526348d5c387a76.png

That may be true but I bring my trash to the Manchester twp dump or recycling center in whiting,  what they do with it makes to matter to me

Edited by vdep217

4 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

That may be true but I bring my trash to the Manchester twp dump or recycling center in whiting,  what they do with it makes to matter to me

The dump is in Manchester Township but the town doesn't own it or control it-the County does.  Regardless, the moral of the story is, if you're going to butcher your own deer in the suburbs, buy lots of contractor bags, chop up the carcass, and spread it out over multiple cans.  Or just pay somebody $100 to do the butchering for you.  I can dump a deer carcass anywhere I damn well please across 120 acres of private land but I still leave the butchering to someone else because its not worth my time.  

Just now, Swamp_Yankee said:

The dump is in Manchester Township but the town doesn't own it or control it-the County does.  Regardless, the moral of the story is, if you're going to butcher your own deer in the suburbs, buy lots of contractor bags, chop up the carcass, and spread it out over multiple cans.  Or just pay somebody $100 to do the butchering for you.  I can dump a deer carcass anywhere I damn well please across 120 acres of private land but I still leave the butchering to someone else because its not worth my time.  

You are wrong. The landfill is in Manchester twp on rt 70 the whiting dump is in Whiting also on rt 70  and is owned and operated by Manchester twp operated by public works..

10 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

You are wrong. The landfill is in Manchester twp on rt 70 the whiting dump is in Whiting also on rt 70  and is owned and operated by Manchester twp operated by public works..

The Whiting "dump" doesn't accept Type 10 Waste, just recyclables.  I seriously doubt that if you brought a deer carcass there that it would be accepted.  

Edited by Swamp_Yankee