IGNORED

Adopting a dog

hunterbob1

Really down right now,need to vent.Ok hears my story. haven't had a dog in six years would like to have another I began my search days ago with various adopt a pet rescue groups main search was for Sheltie Shetland Sheepdogs I was blessed to have had two for 14 years.Received an mail.Adopt a pet.com.Your search show's we have what your looking for dog is in.location,Sussex njhttps://www.adoptapet.com/adoption_rescue/85425-critter-cavalry-rescue---nj-sussex-new-jersey#featured

.Call number,It's Tennessee.Dogs here.If you would like to adopt him we will be in working NY on weekends.Fill out a criteria. First question, is your yard fully fenced? No!my other's were taught respect as puppies boundary lines!She/representative stated a $750 fee!What? Sight/interaction unseen.Sorry for you,aint happinin,sorry for Freddy!!!https://www.adoptapet.com/pet/27053273-sussex-new-jersey-sheltie-shetland-sheepdog

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I have 2 rescue Bassetts, male came from Mississippi 15lbs under weight and extremely gun shy, female from Pennsylvania 15lbs over weight, family thought it was a great idea to get a puppy till she turned into a dog, at that point they kept her in a created and stuffed her with food to keep her quiet.  Our male we really know nothing of his past. Both came from Tristate Bassett Rescue and were $300 each.  Phone interviews and even called my vets office. 

Both are great dogs and happy to have a forever home 

Rescue dogs are great and can be tought just as well, get with a reputable fondation and you'll do good. 

Best of luck 

20191117_110016.jpg

20191110_125406.jpg

20190907_200809.jpg

Edited by Roon

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

I know the feeling.. Some of the rescues are outrageous. It went from helping cats and dogs to worrying about how much money they are going to make. They treat you like your a toddler who has no idea what a dog even is.

June is a purebred, but my wife and I always will have 1 rescue at least. We currently have a plott hound mix That we adopted from a pound down in totowa and she was 25$ (Her name is Kahlua)

Check out your local pounds! And stay away from *cough* 11th Hour *cough, cough*

IMG_2532.jpg

Edited by ElevatedHunter

20 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

$750. is nuts.

I thought so.My last 2.  Were purchased as puppies from NY kennel club RT 23 Wayne.Akc history etc.only a few $s more.I'm feeling disgusted,bad taste in my mouth with the same feeling I had learning later in life the deception of people to pad there pockets!!!I worked at the humane society evergreen place off frelinghyser nwk elizabeth border Lee Burnstein director,biggest crook there was,his job after being convicted for embezzlement along with Adanesia 70's politicians. I was 17.Alloys money to be made bleeding the pockets of the good people. Sally Struthers you rot.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt