IGNORED

Adopting a dog

hunterbob1

I had the same problem adopting our dog. We were told we didn't have a fenced in yard and we weren't home enough for their liking. This with even telling them we have family as a neighbor that would help us out if need be. Luckily the women that found the litter on the streets of Texas agreed we were a good match. Yesterday we have had sadie a year and is doing great. We payed 375 for her from 11th hour rescue. Was definitely harder than I thought to adopt a dog.

20190913_143223.jpg

3 minutes ago, Gypshunter said:

I had the same problem adopting our dog. We were told we didn't have a fenced in yard and we weren't home enough for their liking. This with even telling them we have family as a neighbor that would help us out if need be. Luckily the women that found the litter on the streets of Texas agreed we were a good match. Yesterday we have had sadie a year and is doing great. We payed 375 for her from 11th hour rescue. Was definitely harder than I thought to adopt a dog.

20190913_143223.jpg

Yes,First question,is your yard fenced.No not completely. I could see the lady with a big red magic marker checking me off.lol..WTF with these people? I had two shelties in suburbia,no fence,smart as heck they were!Knew the boundary lines,never crossed them unless I said so not even for a trespassing cat!Who makes these people so high and mighty to judge?I live now on an acre in a rural area,I wanted so bad to give/share love with this dog,sorry crying gotta go

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

6 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Yes,First question,is your yard fenced.No not completely. I could see the lady with a big red magic marker checking me off.lol..WTF with these people? I had two shelties in suburbia,no fence,smart as heck they were!Knew the boundary lines,never crossed them unless I said so not even for a trespassing cat!Who makes these people so high and mighty to judge?I live now on an acre in a rural area,I wanted so bad to give/share love with this dog,sorry crying gotta go

Its a power trip with people who believe that they are much more educated then the regular public. They will always be right and you will always be wrong

19 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

People are nuts. When we were adopting my bella the lady wanted to come see our house/yard. I told her not to bother it was nicer than hers :wink: she kinda didn’t know how to react to that one. Are you giving this dog a good home or going to take chances with someone else? Bella came home with us

4B5C48E0-97D5-4A4D-93D0-F931E5F75E84.thumb.jpeg.0048c07b8f129592fa3daf2c16375319.jpeg

Edited by MGHunter66

AWM

13 minutes ago, ElevatedHunter said:

Its a power trip with people who believe that they are much more educated then the regular public. They will always be right and you will always be wrong

True and sad!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

7 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

People are nuts. When we were adopting my bella the lady wanted to come see our house/yard. I told her not to bother it was nicer than hers :wink: she kinda didn’t know how to react to that one. Are you giving this dog a good home or going to take chances with someone else? Bella came home with us

4B5C48E0-97D5-4A4D-93D0-F931E5F75E84.thumb.jpeg.0048c07b8f129592fa3daf2c16375319.jpeg

Awesome MG! Lol

2 minutes ago, Lphunsjr said:

Try the county shelter. I rescued my pure bred Boxer from one for minimal money. He's a great dog. That was 8 years ago. I find it hard to believe someone gave him up.

Right?! My rescue was from a pound for next to nothing and said she had been returned TWICE! Shes an awesome dog, I'll never understand how someone would give her up

Before we adopted lucky (the beagle), Homes for Good Dogs ran a check with our vet.  We were refused because we didn't bring the animals to the vet often enough.  Of course we had two cats, one 17 yrs and one 19 yrs and both of our dogs lasted till 18+ yrs.  Screw them.  I doubt if they could find better people to love these dogs.

7 hours ago, optowalt said:

If you go on Petfinder.com, they are a clearinghouse for pet adoptions. That might help. Of course, with all the choices, you can also get confused as hell too.

Second on Petfinder, we got my wife's mailman alarm there, I think the whole thing was $250 and that included all shots & spaying, no background check hassles. They told us she was spaniel & Golden retriever mix, which was obviously wrong, but she's part of the family now. If you want a dropper, cur, or feist for under $500, I can send you in the right direction, send me a PM; you may have to travel to pick them up.

Mia.jpg

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook: