IGNORED

11/1/2019 check-in

Greybeard

Heard a distant grunt around 9.  Saw sun reflecting off the back of a deer as it came out of thick cedars into brush, and heading straight toward me at 30yds.  Another loud grunt, then saw nothing for 5 minutes.  Doe walked up along the cedars with tail straight out, but no more sign of the buck.  I grunted, but nothing for another half hour.  I moved down the scrapeline into the cedars and had a small buck come by from where I had been.

20191101_092024.thumb.jpg.3b4b9d12b2c7ecde4c05c78bde91bd55.jpg

Zone 50 in the real thick stuff.  Had 2 come sprinting through about 3p min ago couldn't see what they were. My buddy killed a good one this morning in zone 50 and my other buddy just shot a nice one in long island waiting on a recovery . They're moving today guys and gals. Tomorrow morning should be even better!

5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

4pm, nice buck walked by at 10 yards as I was just getting in and trying to pull bow up

That happened to me last Saturday but luckily it wasn’t quite what I’m after! Stood broadside at ten yards for three minutes. Happened to me before with shooters so for a while now, once I know and decided I’m going hunting anxiety builds as I can’t get there soon enough because I’m missing out haha

6 minutes ago, Hitemnasty said:

That happened to me last Saturday but luckily it wasn’t quite what I’m after! Stood broadside at ten yards for three minutes. Happened to me before with shooters so for a while now, once I know and decided I’m going hunting anxiety builds as I can’t get there soon enough because I’m missing out haha

Happened to me before also. I would have shot it.  Nice 8. But now as I am sitting here kind of glad i didn’t. Have gotten a lot that size. And landowner just called and said he saw huge 10.