IGNORED

Good luck to all the youths!

B B

Was proud of my son who was up and ready to go this morning when my buddy Danny picked him up to go this morning. We had everything set up last night and this was the first time unfortunately I had to miss youth day with Jr. 

I was being informed of the hunt via text..Not a drop of rain at day break at 0600 with several gobblers going nuts off the roost. Jakes were sounding off as well and at fly down my buddy told me that 2 gobblers and 2 jakes started to make their way towards them at 0640 but my son said the closest was 75 yards away following a hen in heavy brush.  They never came close enough to present a shot for him he said...

My buddy sent me a couple of pics attached below....Hopefully he gets a shot at one of the toms this season! 

At 0700 the skies opened up here in Sussex County. Game over, for now..........To be continued.......Good luck to those who went or are going out.....

thumbnail_Resized_20190420_070934_4934.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20190420_070957_4288.jpg

Was dry when we got into the blind at 525  skys opened shortly thereafter. On off rain. Some heavy. Windy. My boys have nodded off a few times. Lol.  Heard a few distant gobbles around 645 but quiet since 730. Just had a hen walk by the blind at 8 yards. Boys liked that. 

Unsure if we're gonna stay til 12 or leave in a bit. Go have breakfast then come back til noon. 

We'll see. 

2 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Guy n his kid drove by our spot at prime time at 5:55, without going into too many details, I made it well known to him of my displeasure with his tardiness!!  He had no apologies and just said he wasn't huntin near us!  Unbelievable!

I think I'm done with Jersey turkey huntin.  I feel bad for the kid going thru this crap. 

Put alot of time effort into this special day, only to be ruined by a midget, late sleeper, wanna-be turkey hunter!!

Can't give up. Go find a different out of the way spot to avoid these dopes.

Last year I had a similar experience. Rained all morning, but finally let off... it wasn't 30 minutes after the rain stopped when a guy and his kid on **an ATV** drive by me... with the kid shouting at the top of his lungs over the noise of the ATV engine as he saw my decoy, "Dad! Look! Is that a Turkey?!" I kid you not. :rant:This was on state forest land, too - where it is illegal to run ATVs. :banghead:Needless to say, I left and I didn't go back to that spot the rest of the season.

4 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Can't give up. Go find a different out of the way spot to avoid these dopes.

Last year I had a similar experience. Rained all morning, but finally let off... it wasn't 30 minutes after the rain stopped when a guy and his kid on **an ATV** drive by me... with the kid shouting at the top of his lungs over the noise of the ATV engine as he saw my decoy, "Dad! Look! Is that a Turkey?!" I kid you not. :rant:This was on state forest land, too - where it is illegal to run ATVs. :banghead:Needless to say, I left and I didn't go back to that spot the rest of the season.

Yep....we gave it our all!!  Zilcho!!

Covered 2 + miles from 10 til noon....not a gobble nor a track.....& look at all those fields!!  Saw a gobbler yesterday at purple X at top of screenshot....he gone today!!

20190420_133956.jpg