IGNORED

Very Disappointed!!!

BHC

BHC-- you were posting a few small bucks and does for the last month. Nothing to be excited about. And with the rut winding down usually the movement does also. Start believing your camera. My wife's cousin was getting next to nothing on camera in a spot I used to see 20 deer in one afternoon. He hunted it 5 mornings and 5 afternoons and saw a total of one deer- a spike. I told him the same thing. The camera does not lie (unless it is broken). The reason your spot changed is irrelevant if you can not control the situation. So it would have been beneficial if you had alternatives. I have a couple private pieces but also have a dozen or more spot on public that produce. Don't lock yourself into one private piece. Essentially you are putting all your eggs in one basket. Good luck the rest of the season.

4 hours ago, _X7 said:

The whole firearm season needs to be revamped from muzzleloader on. Put the 6 day bucks only shotgun season first with all the rest to follow just like it used to be. You wouldn't have these gangs marauding through the woods knocking off everything that runs. Everyone would have a fair shot.

I AGREE 100%, muzzle loaders have come a long ways since they created that early season, its time to start gun season on the same day, if you love your muzzy then use it during 6 day.  That would increase the number of guys in the woods on the same day which will put the deer on the move :up:

4 hours ago, bucky said:

I AGREE 100%, muzzle loaders have come a long ways since they created that early season, its time to start gun season on the same day, if you love your muzzy then use it during 6 day.  That would increase the number of guys in the woods on the same day which will put the deer on the move :up:

Nothing more than a precision rifle these days. If you want to rifle hunt go to PA. The saddest part of it all is that many of today's hunters have totally missed out on the traditions of the 6 day shotgun season. They missed out on the camaraderie, the respect, and all that went with it from the pre-hunt sporting goods store visit to the check stations. All of the stories, laughs, well wishes, and better luck next time's. You knew the shots you heard were at a buck and not some wingnut unloading on a herd of doe. You knew there were hunters in your's and surrounding properties keeping you in your seat. It certainly has changed for the worse.

11 hours ago, bucky said:

You really want more guys in the woods than you already have  during 6 days? 

43 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

You really want more guys in the woods than you already have  during 6 days? 

Its very quite in my neck of the woods, I only hear 5 or 6 shots on opening day and in most casing they are far off in the distance

4 minutes ago, bucky said:

Its very quite in my neck of the woods, I only hear 5 or 6 shots on opening day and in most casing they are far off in the distance

Everyone develops its own style of hunting. To me quiet woods is what I want.

as to the 6 day I couldn’t care less about it. I will be out a day or to with expectation of getting some meat.

10 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Everyone develops its own style of hunting. To me quiet woods is what I want.

as to the 6 day I couldn’t care less about it. I will be out a day or to with expectation of getting some meat.

Its not a style, opening day of  shotgun is not supposed to be a quite day:shotgun:

Edited by bucky

I have read here how some don't care for the doe days......I agree, but it's you who go out in early September an kill does cause the law says you must to get your buck....Well stick your morals and not hunt until a few weeks later when the mandate of killing a doe doesn't exist anymore. Or some give the lame excuse of that stupid "DOE PATROL" or "MY FRIEND WANTS VENISON SO I'M OUT TO GET A DOE" stop with the excuses, stick to what you preach and if you take one doe out OK fine, but more then that is just well killing......20 years ago we had deer allover the the place, the hunters did a great job, the deer are healthier as is the forest

19 hours ago, Nanuk said:

What the other guy has ... gotta up your game 

F0C34375-F9DF-436A-A00A-C2EE045F74A4.jpeg

61mgVJVDj1L._UY606_.jpg.05c11eb34812f12cafce16178fe1a7f7.jpg

Also wear the right camo, that orange sticks out like a sore thumb:up:                                                                                                                          

Edited by bucky