IGNORED

Fish & Game is sucking big time on stocking

Rutting Buck

I’m so disappointed with F&G this year with the pheasant stocking.  Today was the 4th time out this year for pheasant and I have yet to get a bird. I have only seen 1 bird that is shootable and I whiffed that one.   I prodominately hunt Whittingham for pheasants and the stockings have sucked.  Last Tuesday they put all the birds in the parking lots because of the snow.  This is the worst year yet

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

24 minutes ago, Septicdude said:

Maybe it's not the state that suckss..just throwing it out there.  Talked to a friend who was out on Tuesday and had a 3 man limit in an hr.... and he went back.out today and again him and buddy limit in 2 hrs so they're definetly.stocking birds.

He must be one of the few then. A lot of guys I hunt with regularly are all saying the same thing I am. Last year I limited out every time.  I know I won’t get one every time but to only see 1 bird in 4 times is pretty slim in my book

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

Glad to see this post after this mornings hunt.  I mostly go out just to get my dog some work in but I've been saying this year seems off compared to previous seasons.  There are birds but definitely not what I'm used to and very very few shots overall.  Ah well, still nice walking.

19 minutes ago, Screaminta said:

I also agree. I hunt in black river and for the last 3 times out, no truck tracks at all in half of the fields on one side of lot. Even with birds in the other half, not as many shots as previous years.... 

Maybe it’s me but we live near Black River WMA and the number of gun shots that we hear is substantially less than previous years.