IGNORED

Does this make sense

jhrebs

With the weather the way it is and the rut is in full force the earliest I can get my stand is 830 tomorrow morning. I know it’s not ideal but I can see from 830 until 4. A couple of big boys have been spotted and I just got a report that one was spotted just now. So does it make sense to get my tree at 8:30 or will I be doing more damage to the area walking in that late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, jhrebs said:

Dumb question, is hunting bait this time of year bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I just think going in at 830 and leaving at 4 would be bad if you are hunting a bait pile.   You are going and leaving at prime times.  Especially leaving at 4, when the deer are probably starting to come.

4 minutes ago, jhrebs said:

Dumb question, is hunting bait this time of year bad?

There are no dumb questions.  If your bait is bringing in does then there's a good chance they will bring in a buck.  

But like Nomad said, if you are coming and going at prime time you might want to stay away from your bait sites.  

Edited by Rusty

On 11/11/2018 at 11:39 AM, Gobblengrunt said:

Some hunters may do more “damage” to an area by walking in to thier stands in the dark.  If its a rut area, get in that stand when you can and hunt!  Noon time is a hot time to hunt in the rut if your in a travel area.  Good luck

I totally agree with this . One farm we hunt is mostly crop fields . I don’t like hunting there in the mornings for the obvious reason of blowing deer out . My son and I hunted Thursday and Saturday here and what we did is hunt perimeter stands with low impact for the first hour or two depending on what we were seeing . Then we moved to stands in some of the small wood lots surrounding these fields and got into some serious rut action . All without spooking deer . Don’t be predictable like most of us are . Adapt , try new tactics and you might be surprised with the outcome.  I agree with others , get in there and hunt !