IGNORED

UBNJ Saddle River Hunt Lawsuit

Joeybeets

13 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

The ubnj is involved..  before going any further what have you or any one else bashing these organizations done to help our sport...  not taking a shot at you just using the question in a general statement...  out of those complaining who is a federation member or any hunting organization in nj...  also what has every one done to get more participation...  I was an instructor for hunter ed for 15 years and fo plan to go back when life settles down... I have introduced and taken kids hunting including kids from this site and nj hunter who other wise might not have duck deer or turkey hunted... I have also introduced adults to our sport as well just by taking them..we are our own worst enemies when it comes to the fight against us...  we tend to bitch about organizations not doing any thing rather than try to help our cause our selves.  With the comment about it should be a hunt not a cull hunt..  they have to start somewhere in that area its going to be hard with some of the population..  a start is a good clean hunt with hunters showing respect for their property and the people in those communities...

Also remember we are trying to appeal to the 98 percent that don't have a care either way about hunting..  one bad impression can sway them to the anti side and than it's near impossible to get them on our side.  It's best to do it the right way and leave a positive impression so that down the road it could lead to an open hunt...

Again I know many here do their part but there are many hunters that ft o not...

Well said Vito. As with any organization, there will always be circumstances that occur. They are not perfect. But they have OUR best interests in NJ hunting. If an organization is not for you- thats fine, just move on. But why would anyone complain or remark about an organization that actually supports us all? WE are all on the same team.

7 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

Well said Vito. As with any organization, there will always be circumstances that occur. They are not perfect. But they have OUR best interests in NJ hunting. If an organization is not for you- thats fine, just move on. But why would anyone complain or remark about an organization that actually supports us all? WE are all on the same team.

There are so many organizations I may not be a member of all but I support them..  either events helping or donating...  NJ water fowler's ubnj st state level then delta ducks unlimited the list is endless...  as said if it not for you find one that is or do something your self.  Could be as simple as asking the neighbor if he'd like to join you for a evening sit for ducks

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Yeah, I understand its a town's cull program - but this is archery-only right? I'm 100% positive these people in Saddle River won't allow firearms - so what's with the requirement of being subjected to a criminal background check? I dunno - hunters seem to be treated like a criminals or at least like low-lifes in this state by the elitist liberals.

I'm sure you wouldn't want a murderer or a child molester bow hunting in your backyard. I think all hunts related to townships or parks require back ground checks

21 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

There are so many organizations I may not be a member of all but I support them..  either events helping or donating...  NJ water fowler's ubnj st state level then delta ducks unlimited the list is endless...  as said if it not for you find one that is or do something your self.  Could be as simple as asking the neighbor if he'd like to join you for a evening sit for ducks

I agree. I have helped a few guys shoot their first deer from NJH. I have taken a friends sons out and am 1 for 2 getting them deer so far. I helped set a double ladder so this same friend can sit with her daughter trying to get her first deer. I am taking a 78 year old this wednesday morning to try to get his first bow kill. I got him involved in bowhunting at 72 years old. He bought his bow from David at Wyvern  that I set him up with from NJH. I am still trying to get my neighbor through the apprentice program but his work schedule is all over the place. He is dying to give it a try but making money is top priority. We all have chances to contribute in some way. 

2 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

I agree. I have helped a few guys shoot their first deer from NJH. I have taken a friends sons out and am 1 for 2 getting them deer so far. I helped set a double ladder so this same friend can sit with her daughter trying to get her first deer. I am taking a 78 year old this wednesday morning to try to get his first bow kill. I got him involved in bowhunting at 72 years old. He bought his bow from David at Wyvern  that I set him up with from NJH. I am still trying to get my neighbor through the apprentice program but his work schedule is all over the place. He is dying to give it a try but making money is top priority. We all have chances to contribute in some way. 

That's my point...  they're are guys that do that was described but not nearly enough..  

2 hours ago, vdep217 said:

The ubnj is involved..  before going any further what have you or any one else bashing these organizations done to help our sport...  not taking a shot at you just using the question in a general statement...  out of those complaining who is a federation member or any hunting organization in nj...  also what has every one done to get more participation...  I was an instructor for hunter ed for 15 years from helping with thre blood trails st 14 years old. and do plan to go back when life settles down... I have introduced and taken kids hunting including kids from this site and nj hunter who other wise might not have duck deer or turkey hunted... I have also introduced adults to our sport as well just by taking them..we are our own worst enemies when it comes to the fight against us...  we tend to bitch about organizations not doing any thing rather than try to help our cause our selves.  With the comment about it should be a hunt not a cull hunt..  they have to start somewhere in that area its going to be hard with some of the population..  a start is a good clean hunt with hunters showing respect for their property and the people in those communities...

Also remember we are trying to appeal to the 98 percent that don't have a care either way about hunting..  one bad impression can sway them to the anti side and than it's near impossible to get them on our side.  It's best to do it the right way and leave a positive impression so that down the road it could lead to an open hunt...

Again I know many here do their part but there are many hunters that ft o not...

The point is UBNJ effed up

And yes you are great

2 hours ago, 3Blade said:

It is aggravating to hear our own bash UBNJ. Yes I've been a member for years and my experience with them is nothing but positive. For those that want them to fight for us don't forget two key  things they were involved in....Sunday bowhunting  and the reduction of the safety zone from 450' to 150'. And yes they do more then worry about hunting backyard deer.

:up: :up:

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

The point is UBNJ effed up

And yes you are great

While that is true they may have i dont know whole story...  but realize that these are volunteers giving their time..  they go by life's restraints just as you and I do..  so before we go bashing for them not handing a list in on time ask what have you done to help....  if one is concerned about things being done then join and get on the council and make the changes that they are being bashed about.  If every hunter gave one day to help ubnj with things going on then they would have more time to focus on things like this...

And for the record this is partof the reason a lot of the hard working members and council people of years past have stepped down or completely removed them self because of the lack of appreciation from others for what they do accomplish...

Edited by vdep217

I'm sure you wouldn't want a murderer or a child molester bow hunting in your backyard. I think all hunts related to townships or parks require back ground checks

True, it is a simple CYA. As you said, all public entities require back round checks. I know guys freak out when they hear this but it’s not like they’re going to question you under the white light or come to your stand for a pee test LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

Has any one pondered the other side..  maybe ubnj thought the demands of saddle river were too bearing on sportsman. Or thought it would set bad precedence for other areas, and decided not to proceed leaving the town to deal with the problem and they are using the lack of the list as a scape goat to the situation wich could be true..

Edited by vdep217

Has any one pondered the other side..  maybe ubnj thought the demands of saddle river were too bearing on sportsman. Or thought it would set bad precedence for other areas, and decided not to proceed leaving the town to deal with the problem and they are using the lack of the list as a scape goat to the situation wich could be true..

Not sure what you mean Vito? The back round check?

AWM

Just now, maximus66 said:

Not sure what you mean Vito? The back round check?

They said that they failed to give a list of people for the bg check..  what I'm saying is it possible that ubnj refused to meet their demands for the hunt and decided they were going to not pursue any more..  and that the town is using the check as a way to detur the blame from them by saying its ubnj threat didn't comply