IGNORED

Bear Opener

Nomad

Not as promising as most years which is fine by me because our once out of control bear numbers have lessened over the last  6 or so years due to the hunt.  Now it's the coyotes that are a PITA.  But I haven't seen my shooter bear in over a week, just a young one in his/her first year without momma.  That one will get a pass this year.  My biggest worry for tomorrow is the wind switching more and more to the SE all morning and forcing me out early.   I really don't have a decent stand right now for that wind that I would expect to see a bear at.   

Good luck to those headed out there this week. Hope to get out in December. Had one wanting my camera on the mountain, but there is no way I'd be able to deal with the logistics of it all.

09200612a.thumb.jpg.626d66324262783af2c25a06930b5103.jpg

Edited by _X7

Cannot hunt today because my back is effed up. Went out this morning to see how many vehicles were parked in the Newark Watershed.  Only saw three or four, but didn't cover the entire property  There was an older gold suburban with vanity plates and a trailer hitch deer/bear carrier parked exactly where I would have parked if hunting today.  I hope he wasn't in the spot I have scouted out, but he likely is because it is a good spot. 

Two parked vehicles( one with NYS plates)I saw didn't have the Newark Watershed permit decal on the window. I don't think the two guys that hang out in the NWS office do any enforcement or patrolling of the property.

Edited by 230jhp